Crank pinning.... who’s done it??

03SVT Ski

Established Member
i will be running a F1 with a cog setup and have heard some horror stories with balancer key way damage. Now, I won’t have motor out of the car to add a second key-way to crank. I have heard that pinning the balancer works well. I have not found a pin kit that is for a 03/04 Cobra. I have an ATI dampener that I will be installing. Anyone know of a pin kit out there?

Three21

Established Member
I'll be pinning my adjustable crank gears together with some 1/8in steel dowel pins or similar. I don't know of any kit for this, any time I've heard about it has been a shade tree mechanic solution.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I had to lean on the impact gun HARD to fully seat my ATI, that thing is Not backing out. LS motors have pinning kits readily available from ATI, not so much for certain Fords.
I ran the oem balancer for a short time with the supercharger until it failed...

Mike Dj

Established Member
I have two different pin tools at the shop. Let me see if it will work on the Modular if not then on to the machine shop I'll go. This is something that I have wanted to make for the Mod for a while. I'll keep u posted.

Users who are viewing this thread