cxracing FMIC install help

Jake0521

Established Member
I'm installing this intercooler and trying to figure out the best way to mount the core, I can't figure out how cxracing wants you to do it, the kit came with 2 brackets that have 2 channels cut in them with 4 bolts that wont fit fit into the holes and 2 space/nut type things. Can anyone give some pointers, for getting this thing installed on my 03 Mach 1.

Thanks.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
go buy some flat stock steel from home depot. Mount intercooler to header panel, Make 2 brackets coming from radiator support.

Eddy1987

Established Member
this is the best picture i have of mine. i used flat stock and bent it at i believe a 45* angle and my buddy welded it to the bottom of the radiator support, then put 2 supporting straps on the top. that thing will not move at all.

SDC12015.jpg

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
this is the best picture i have of mine. i used flat stock and bent it at i believe a 45* angle and my buddy welded it to the bottom of the radiator support, then put 2 supporting straps on the top. that thing will not move at all.

SDC12015.jpg

Where did you get the bumper support from?

X2 on the Home Depot shelf brackets, I painted mine flat black and you cannot even tell they are there. Mounted the top tabs on the intercooler to the radiator support and the black cover hides everything, plus it is ROCK SOLID.

024.jpg

JTR

SLOWNED

Established Member
Can anyone take pics of exactly where you mounted the metal brackets? I tried fabbing up some metal tabs to hold the intercooler and i've broken them so many times already. I guess we got some real bad potholes here or something.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Mine is bolted to the header panel and underneath the intercooler i ran 2 pieces of flat stock to the radiator support and tek screwed it in. sturdy as hell

SLOWNED

Established Member
Ive been juggling around the idea of using cargo straps to secure the FMIC to the bumper support. I know it's cheesy and will probably look like crap, but i think it would work much better than a solid bracket. It should firmly hold the IC in place while not being so firm that any bump or dip in the road would shake it loose. Did you have to take any precautions when drilling the bottom of the radiator support with tek screws?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
I just used a long peice of flat iron 1/4"x1" and cut and bent my own brackets

Last edited:

harvboi05

Established Member

SDC12015.jpg

what are the dimensions of this intercooler?

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Here is my setup
Turbonetics 24"/9.5"/3.5" Core
Custom Piping going blow Thru with a PMAS HPX Slot MAF
It turned out real nice. Notice the nice gap between the radiator and the IC
The power steering cooler never had to be moved.
21f59a84.jpg

13985574.jpg

824b97e8.jpg

3abf6ec2.jpg

0ba5e36f.jpg

Last edited:

harvboi05

Established Member
i just bought the same setup 31x12x3. im skeptical of the silicone couplers from ebay though. ill post my install brackets when i get it all taken care of.

Eddy1987

Established Member
i just bought the same setup 31x12x3. im skeptical of the silicone couplers from ebay though. ill post my install brackets when i get it all taken care of.

the ones that came with my kit are holding up just fine, and i've had them on for almost a year now.

harvboi05

Established Member
i know im kinda waking this thread up a lil but i said id post my setup so here it goes. last time i got an ebay kit the couplers it came with were a joke, but these ones were good. so im happy bout that. i dont have my MAF tube done yet, but everything else is pretty much the same. the passanger side fog light mount need some pretty bigtime trimming, but i didnt cut a big hole into my fender well and i didnt move my powersteering cooler lines or anything. just trimmed the crash bar and bolted it to that. im gunna run some lower mounts on the bottom of the IC to the lower core support and call it a day.

i used the assorted bends that came with the kit and one paxton elbow:

100_1301.JPG

100_1302.JPG

100_1303.JPG

100_1308.JPG

100_1310.JPG

100_1318.JPG

100_1307.JPG

100_1309.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread