Daily Driven GT500s

SuperSoulless

Established Member
Who else here daily drives their GT500? And what are your thoughts? I've been daily driving mine for 4 months or so. Every drive is a dream! Other than the gas mileage and brake dust, I haven't seen any real downsides.
251ad2d7ab3fef0c832497d4f0333e1f.jpg

----------------------------------
2009 GT500
Black with Red Stripe Appearance Package
Flowmaster Outlaw Catback

Tacticalriflema

Established Member
I try to split driving my '10 GT500 with my other car just to keep the miles down on it. I usually drive it two or three workdays a week though not counting weekends. Brakedust and mileage are about the only down side for me as well.

einehund

Established Member
I daily drive mine for 3 seasons. I don't drive it in the winter, not because of the car, but because I don't trust other drivers in the snow. I switched to the Autozone C-max gold brake pads and no more brake dust! Other than that, no issues at all.

gulfcoastlifest

Gulf Coast
I have a 2011 w/ SVTPP and recently got an unbelievable deal on a 13/14 TVS take off. After installation it put down 606 whp/ 611 tq. Just for conversations sake how does it stack up to a 13/14 stock GT500. it seems I have a 15-20 whp advantage and 3.73 gearing, and the 13/14 has improved suspension and the 3.31 gears helps with wheel spin and top speed in 5th gear. How to they compare head on? If I had the chance I would have definitely picked up the 5.8 but it would not have made sense financially. Both are great for what they are.
I soon will be experiencing the TVS swap as well and can't wait to smach

Who else here daily drives their GT500? And what are your thoughts? I've been daily driving mine for 4 months or so. Every drive is a dream! Other than the gas mileage and brake dust, I haven't seen any real downsides.
251ad2d7ab3fef0c832497d4f0333e1f.jpg

I daily drive my 2011 and she's around 70,000 and still going strong.
I have a TVS supercharger package that I just recently purchased and can't wait for the porting and polishing to be complete.
These upgrades should be a very respectful addition.
2009 GT500

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

1st usa car

Established Member
DD mine -- downsides: cold pavement and rain driving is a buzz kill, mpg and tires
upsides: everything else

= upside wins by a landside

Imatk

Established Member
I daily drive mine and absolutely love it.

I would like to keep mileage down too... but I'm not planning on selling it so it is what it is.

My other Mustang is a '91 nearing 300k miles, so I tend to keep cars for a while :)

SuperSoulless

Established Member
Daily drive mine as well. Picked her up July 2016, 2012 GT500 SVTPP with 9k on her. Sitting at 18000 miles now.

Drives better every day.
Picked mine up in November of 2016 with 13k on the clock. Sitting around 16.5k now.

2009 GT500

ShelbyvilleGT500

bought my 2008 in jan and been DD it since. Love the way it drives and got avg MPG to 17+. I only drive 50 miles round trip to work so its no big deal. Mine brake dust seems to be more on one side of the car...weird. It doesn't pull under braking either.

SuperSoulless

Established Member
bought my 2008 in jan and been DD it since. Love the way it drives and got avg MPG to 17+. I only drive 50 miles round trip to work so its no big deal. Mine brake dust seems to be more on one side of the car...weird. It doesn't pull under braking either.
That is weird. I wish my average was that good. I have a heavy foot and no self control. I hover around 14 average.

2009 GT500

fmylife

Established Member
Another daily driver here as well. Bought my '08 in Feb 2015 with 6k miles and it's just about to hit 27k. Plenty of upgrades and putting down 530hp to the wheels and averaging around 14-15mpg. Just have to be easy on it during Winter!

No joke about brake dust. I went with the EBC kit with rotors and ceramic pads and they're pretty awesome. Wheels are still clean and the stop great.

spectreman

Established Member
Another DD here, put about 50 miles round trip daily. I can't stand garage queen cars- it hurts their reason for existence. I've got no issues with it as a daily driver.
Lee

blue 07

Established Member
I daily drive mine for 3 seasons. I don't drive it in the winter, not because of the car, but because I don't trust other drivers in the snow. I switched to the Autozone C-max gold brake pads and no more brake dust! Other than that, no issues at all.
How do like the C Max Pads ? Part # DGC1001 for fronts, rear #s ? Just want to check before I buy them

Last edited:

merkyworks

Established Member
Picked up my 12' about 11 months ago, drive it around 35 miles a day. Love driving the car so much, well unless its raining. Don't regret getting it or driving it DD at all.

Had the same issue with brake dust (OEM pads). Switched the C Max Golds and no more dust issues and they stop very good.
Fronts - DGC1001
Rears - DGC1465

SuperSoulless

Established Member
SuperSoulless, did your 500 come out of Virginia by any chance?
I bought it from a Carmax in Raleigh, NC. It was one owner. I can't remember where it's original owner was at. It's entirely possible however.

2009 GT500

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I used to daily drive mine and loved it. I'll hit my 8 year anniversary with it this year.

einehund

Established Member
The C-max pads work just fine slowing down my fat pig at autobahn speeds just fine. I will definately be buying them again.

barspen

Established Member
My '11 has been my DD for close to 6 years now with 76K miles. Absolutely love it.

My only issue is going from the stock clutch to the Mcleod RXT. The new clutch is fantastic for off-road activities and bites like crazy. But is sucks in bumper-to-bumper traffic if I happen to get stuck in rush-hour.

And agree with the above comments...CMAX pads are great for a DD...best bang\buck.

Users who are viewing this thread