Decent shop in Chicagoland Area to install OPG's

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I called up a few shops in my area to get a quote on installing OPG's but they wanted $1500 or more to do it. Seems a little on the high side to me. I was expecting it to be closer to $1000. Anyone on here have OPG's installed in the Chicago area and if so what did you pay?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
If you haven't already, call Drew @ Dmarkperformance. He is located in Arlington Heights off of Oakton and 83. Great guy and he does amazing work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Some shops want to drop the K member to gain access to the oil pan and complete this job. My cams and OPGs were going to run me 1100, but the shop insisted they needed to drop the K member in the middle of the job (per the service manual) and it brought everything up to 1500. Another shop wanted over 2000 for everything, so it may pay off to keep looking around!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I called DMark Perforamance and talked with Drew. His quote was definitely more reasonable. He quoted me 1200 and that was with uninstalling and reinstalling the procharger. If I was NA he said it would be 900. Unfortunately I did not know about the oil pump gears being a weak point when I installed the procharger (as i did mine almost 3 years ago) so I could have saved some money but oh well. I will most likely be going with him for the install.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
So i ended up going with drew for the install. I went with boundary oil pump gears, TSS crank sprocket and riesche thermostat, just because everything was already out. 500 or so miles later everything is running great. I will likely be going back if i ever need any other mods done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread