Demon on the Loose...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ON D, why you mad that the Demon is a 9 sec capable car BONE STALK from the show room floor?

Is it because they stole Ford's thunder? Is it because Ford pays you?
I could care less that it runs 9’s. I wanted to know what it would run if I drove there as my daily driver run it 4 or 5 times and drive home?

That’s it. I’ve never like the drag set up on the mustang or any car. I understand that with dr and skinnies or er streets the car will run quicker with a higher mph.

Does anyone have modified hellcat times with about 750 rwhp?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Dafuq? You only want to test the R with the cup 2 tires but want to put Pirelli's on the Demon? It doesn't come with Pirelli's. Putting bigs all the way around would in my experience add .2ths.. So 9.8's?
I asked what the demon would run on cup 2 earlier. I changed that to the pzero because I read the pzero was oem option and the cup 2 were not.

What would it run with 4 305/35 cup 2’s? Happy

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I compare it to the cobra jet as it to runs on slicks and skinnies just as dodge tested theirs.
I love the demon in street form and want to see what it would run in street form not as a drag vehicle you can’t drive on the street. Why is that hard to understand?
I totally understand what you're saying.
In street trim and pump gas, I bet the new ZR1 gives the Demon a run for it's money on the drag strip.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
btw, your argument is ****ing stupid. You’re asking for tires that don’t come with the car to be run on the car, since the drag radials are the only option for the car...not pirellis, or michelins, or whatever else. Yet, you are completely content with running only what tires came on the 350R? Run different tires on the 350R & it wouldn’t perform like a 350R, just like running different tires on a Demon would do. Double standards much? What would a 350R do on 4 Nitto 315/40 Nitto NT05R tires on a track?

Drag radials are fine for daily driving, so why swap them? Do you really think a large portion will daily drive the 350R or the Demon anyway? You’re taking vehicles specifically tuned with these tires (these tires are tailored to the vehicles, not the other way around) to perform as designed. These aren’t Challenger Scats & Mustang GTs with some aftermarket modifications, these are vehicles engineered by the manufacturer to perform in niche sectors. Both are capable of being daily driven, so what’s the point of swapping tires when they’re both road legal cars from the factory? If anything, ask for times with pump gas & no skinnies on the Demon with the passenger seat in. That’s more reasonable for daily driving conditions than saying swap to some other tires.

Btw, the Demon did 9.9X on pump gas in the same conditions as it did the 9.65. Take the skinnies off & add a front seat with pump gas & you’ve got a 10.0X car in ideal conditions most likely. Add high octane fuel & you have a high 9 second car in ideal conditions. The high octane tune is 840HP, while the pump gas tune is 808HP. About as much difference as adding skinnies to the front about. Hellcats with just a 2.85” upper, MS109, 3.09 gear swap (auto), & drag radials have gone high 9’s. That’s about 750-780rwhp.

Rear seat deletes are common nowadays, & rear seats are useless in most 2+2 coupes. I’d opt to get the rear seat for $1 & just do the delete after. No need for the rear seat option as a “daily driving” condition.

I guess you’d want to know how fast a Demon would go fully optioned out, including the $5,000 sunroof option too...but with “other” tires

Also, the PZeros are options on the Hellcats, not the Demon. So yeah, let’s use the GT350 PSS tires on the GT350R instead of the PS2s that come on the GT350R.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

conceptmachine

Established Member
I could daily drive my 350R no problem. Drive it cross country for that matter and it's a base model. Very comfortable...those people that claim otherwise are probably overweight or haven't taken off the shippng spacers yet. I'm sure the dodge demon would be a fine daily as well.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Daily driver with skinnies and no passenger seat?

I hear mustang guys claim that all the time. Do you drive it in 1' of snow? Probably not, but you aren't driving some death trap in danger of swerving off the road at any moment. As long as the driver has a seat, that's all you need to DD it.

P.S. You're coming off pretty desperate now with trying to down this car. Just say you hate it and move on. It's ok not to like something.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I hear mustang guys claim that all the time. Do you drive it in 1' of snow? Probably not, but you aren't driving some death trap in danger of swerving off the road at any moment. As long as the driver has a seat, that's all you need to DD it.

P.S. You're coming off pretty desperate now with trying to down this car. Just say you hate it and move on. It's ok not to like something.

I like the car. I don’t like the set up as drag car. Put it on 4 normal tires(such as cup 2/pzero) and let it rip! Beer!!

conceptmachine

Established Member
No, not with skinnies, and I'd probably feel too bare not to have at least the passenger seat in there. But thats doable...the skinnies aren't. While I'm not disagreeing with you, I would like to know real word expectations too, but Dodge wants to show the max potential of the car as it can be sold. I get it, most wont want it that way, but they give the option to buy that way. I like that they did that. No way should people expect to replicate anywhere close to that speed on the street. Hell MT couldn't even get out of the 11's in several tries, on a drag strip. The new ZR1 will give it fits on the street. I'm already looking forward to those Vids.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Daily driver with skinnies and no passenger seat?
No,....you're still not getting it.
The skinnies and drag pack options come separately from the vehicle. The tires that come stock BEFORE you swap it over into "drag pack" mode.
And if it doesn't have a passenger seat,.......you can still daily drive it. What about the cars that have no rear seat? You can still daily drive them as well.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wait the big deal from dodge it came oem stock with skinnies dr and only one seat.

Again all I’ve asked what does it run with the optional 305/35 4 corners and optional seating.

To be very honest the HC would be able to run faster with one seat lightweight skinnies and drag radials.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wait the big deal from dodge it came oem stock with skinnies dr and only one seat.
The one seat yes. The skinnies and DR's are not off the showroom floor.
The skinnies and DR's are sold with the car, but put on by owner when it comes time to drag.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Which tires come standard? The skinnies drs are options the 305/35 pzero are options.
I looked it up and you are correct. It does come OEM with drag radials on all corners.
The skinnies get switched out at the drag strip if the owner so chooses to do so.
SO, what you're saying does make sense. This car wouldn't be safe on the road with those drag radials. I think there's a 3 page brochure that comes with the car stating all the do's and don'ts with this Demon car and the tires are explained in there as well.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The Demon is a hell of a car and faster than anything south of a million dollars that street legal as oem.

I still would like to see if it can hit 10 flat with 4 305/35 tires and a passenger seat ....any owners want to try?

vortecd

Established Member
go to hellcat.org and ask one of the future Demon buyers. I say that since most are still waiting on theirs. BuddyG is planning on driving his in the winter in Michigan so you will find a range of different owners and what they will do or plan to do

Users who are viewing this thread