Did anyone have to clock thier procharger?

TBolton

Established Member
Thanks again man... My main concern is that it's just going to rub a hole in something.

I was getting ready to call it a day but I came back out for more punishment... I loosen the radiator hose and turned it a little bit and that seemed to give me a little more room

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I went and looked at mine a little closer and it "looks" like my discharge tube or the worm clamp or both are a little further down on mine than on yours, might've just been the way I installed it, but even mine rubs slightly against the drivers valve cover. The abs lines underneath don't' appear to really be affected either, they are close but next to the tube for the most part.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
2 things.

I probably put on the bracket/procharger 4x at least partially
you can cut the tubing if you think its a 1/4 or 1/2 inch too long. I personally didn't but you can. Mind you that you have a metal tube that will be going into that discharge tube and might move it around further as well.

TBolton

Established Member
I certainly appreciate the feedback man... I've got everything on as best I can all the tubing is connected and tighten down and I'm really not impressed with how this thing fits it looks like something you'd get off Craigslist.

TBolton

Established Member
Bill, thank you again for all your posts and advice.

It's not 100% but I actually got to drive it and it seems okay except for the automatic shift changes in sport mode it has a little bit of a stutter in between shifts other than that it seems pretty damn good.

I'm going to go over some hose clamps and random things under the hood later and the bumper cover is still not back on yet but it's going to be really really cold here the next week or so so we can just sit and chill.

I guess I came into this ProCharger deal expecting everything to just perfectly line right up and go where it needs to go... Speaking mainly of the pipes routing.

Overall the directions were pretty good and the car drives pretty much like stock below 4000 RPMs which is exactly what I wanted.

Having to put that bracket and blower all together on at one time is a real pain in the ass.

The blower is pretty damn loud too which is what I kind of wanted but I didn't know it was going to be this loud. With the hood closed it's not that bad.
56451ab3f607e99f9f9297710023d67b.jpg

TBolton

Established Member
Looks like the filter from the bypass valve to me,. Dont feel bad, first full pull i did, a tube disconnected when i let off. Scared the crap out of me. Was real loud.
Yup.... that's how it went for me. I saw a piece flying off the car and figured that was the side of the block. Lol

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks good to me, I left the bumper off for about a week just to make it easier to fix anything that came loose. Just keep an eye on the fender well inserts, they rubbed through in a few spots at wot with the front off(I didn't even take this into consideration). Is that the stage 2 IC or race? I just used a bungee cord to hold up the bracket/blower while I bolted it on, wasn't all that difficult.

TBolton

Established Member
Looks good to me, I left the bumper off for about a week just to make it easier to fix anything that came loose. Just keep an eye on the fender well inserts, they rubbed through in a few spots at wot with the front off(I didn't even take this into consideration). Is that the stage 2 IC or race? I just used a bungee cord to hold up the bracket/blower while I bolted it on, wasn't all that difficult.
Lol!! It's funny you mention those fender well liners... I didn't even think about that either and when I went out this morning to get in the truck I had to look at the car and noticed the front bottoms of them were rubbed/burned a little bit!!! Hahahahahahahaha

It's still in the 20 degrees here so I'm glad I got everything installed before it got really cold but I'm also going to leave the bumper off for a bit. I also noticed there's some small air leaking around where the MAF sensor goes in the intercooler. Is it supposed to have some kind of rubber gasket or sealant on it?

I may also try to attack the passenger side 90 degree rubber coupler that goes on the intercooler. It's not kinked but I think if I shortened up the intercooler side of it it would fit a little better.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
interesting, someone else on fb mentioned this, it doesn't come with a gasket, I honestly didn't take notice on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread