Did Ford sell vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII

Badasp5.0

Established Member
ok so your saying that germany bought stuff from ford in the states. Then it magically made its way accross the atlantic ocean full of u boats, on a us flagged shipped and dropped them off at a german port...?

Sorry if im alittle skeptical about all of that. The actual logistics behind those articles would indicate otherwise. Im a history and war person. But even if this was said to take place prior to america entering the war on december 8, 1941. America couldnt sell anything to an axis power since the british were our allies and at war with germany. Ford couldnt sell an axis power anything because most companies were under dod contracts during the war. If i recall correctly alot of those contracts will say that they cant sell or help a foreign power during a time of war without the treat of treason.

Edit: I read a few of the articles more in depth. It wasnt henry ford that sold and build stuff for the germans. It was some of the companies that ford owned in europe before the war began. Their leadership, one of which was french, is whom sold the germans anything. Not ford himself.

This was in nazi occupied europe though and they probably had to do something for the germans since the plant was covered/surrounded with germans.

THIS!

Speaking of Nazi germany I have a picture from the BMW or MB museum and the 1940s part of the wall is just blank.

Last edited:

SVT95

Established Member
This is pretty interesting. I've never heard anything about this. Ford grew up with my family and ended up marrying my great, great aunt so we are pretty big on family history and our backgrounds. All the information and documents we have from ford in our family, none of this has never surfaced before. Looks like I need to do a little more digging into our background.

Jroc

Established Member
Ford had entire automotive plants in Germany before and during the war. Henry Ford was a huge supporter of Germany and the Nazi party; This was never a secret really. I believe at one point he published some kind of "booklet" about Nazi Germany.

It's very easy to point blame at an American company for doing business with the Axis during WWII. But the truth is more like once the war started, American companies lost control of their foreign operations. Americans couldn't exactly travel to Germany and France during the war, and in most cases American companies (and all companies really) were taken over by the Nazis and run by them.

The Japanese did the same - used POWs to build airplanes. This included Suburu and Mitsubishi.

Good info.

Yeah Henry Ford wrote a 4 series volume of books called "The International Jew".

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_International_Jew]The International Jew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

From my understand Hitler actually studied, and took much from it in helping him write "Mein Kampf".

IDK I can't figure out why people just want to hate Jews. They're just another group of people. That's kind of like hating someone because they are American. :shrug:

Last edited:

01GTvert

Established Member
I'm thinking this is a bunch of bogus BS, but I work with a guy who's one of these people that have all kinds of little facts and knowledge on many different topics, and he came up to me today and said that Ford sold vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII because Henry Ford was a staunch antisemitic.

Apparently Henry Ford was antisemitic, and he did get some award from Nazi German prior to WWII, but I can't find anything to back up that he sold vehicles to Germany during WWII.

Anyone on here know anything about this?

Ofrcourse its true..he was a known nazi simpathizer/anti semite. FORD made jeeps for Germany. USA has a long history of doing business with the "enemy". Prescott Bush (#41's pappy) was the account manager @ Brown Brother's Harriman for I.G. Farben who built Auschwitz.

This is all common knowledge to those who have an attention span long enough to pull themselves away from Dancing with the Bachelors or Jersey Whore's to google/YouTube it. Or godforbid...actually read a book.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Its common knowledge that Henry Ford was racist and a Nazi supporter. You guys didn't know this? :shrug:

You don't get the highest Nazi award possible for nothing. And if im not mistaken ford plants were building german tanks/jeeps as well.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford was a great business man, but not the greatest person. Anyone who's familiar with Ford's history knows this.

All of the great indistrialists of that time did some real shaddy things to build their empires.

stangin99

Established Member
This is new to people?

Welcome to capitalism. The almighty dollar is more important than you can EVER imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread