Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have one of these done in Mystichrome to match my car done by a guy on here. Did the seats and everything. I need to get a pic of them together LOL

Yeah, I think his screen name is Huff035 or something. He did amazing work on these diecast cars.

I just ordered some MC paint. I'm going to try and do a MC coupe in a few weeks. My next projects are a SB vert and a RF coupe. I'm almost done with the OW Vert. I should be posting pics of it in a couple of days.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Yeah, I think his screen name is Huff035 or something. He did amazing work on these diecast cars.

I just ordered some MC paint. I'm going to try and do a MC coupe in a few weeks. My next projects are a SB vert and a RF coupe. I'm almost done with the OW Vert. I should be posting pics of it in a couple of days.
hope you ordered it from Ford. and do paint the seats and steering wheel it won't look good without it. The only thing I wish was different is the tag on it should say 2004 but since they only made a 2003 die cast I am stuck with it lol

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
hope you ordered it from Ford.

Unfortunately I did not. Ford and a couple other places were just too expensive. In an earlier post I stated NAPA wanted $300 for 1/2 a pint. To use this paint on diecast cars I just couldn't justify $300 for 1/2 a pint. So, I ordered it from a place online. They called it MC and used the paint code G6. So, I'm hoping it will be right.

Yes, I plan on painting the steering wheel and seats as well. I think I may even paint the valve covers. It will be my first time spraying MC, so we will see how it comes out.

Thanks for the feedback RDJ. I appreciate it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Unfortunately I did not. Ford and a couple other places were just too expensive. In an earlier post I stated NAPA wanted $300 for 1/2 a pint. To use this paint on diecast cars I just couldn't justify $300 for 1/2 a pint. So, I ordered it from a place online. They called it MC and used the paint code G6. So, I'm hoping it will be right.

Yes, I plan on painting the steering wheel and seats as well. I think I may even paint the valve covers. It will be my first time spraying MC, so we will see how it comes out.

Thanks for the feedback RDJ. I appreciate it.
very little chance it will be but good luck on it. I saw a v6 painted with non ford MC paint and it just doesn't pop the way the ford stuff does. Mine is painted with the ford paint. Let me know. I will try and get a good pic of my model and pst it up later

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
very little chance it will be but good luck on it. I saw a v6 painted with non ford MC paint and it just doesn't pop the way the ford stuff does. Mine is painted with the ford paint. Let me know. I will try and get a good pic of my model and pst it up later
As long as it's quality paint it doesn't have to come from Ford. The back end of my car was repainted and they didn't use anything from Ford and it looks good. Glenn can attest to it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
As long as it's quality paint it doesn't have to come from Ford. The back end of my car was repainted and they didn't use anything from Ford and it looks good. Glenn can attest to it.
as long as you are happy with it.

mike s

Established Member
Looks really good, my dad made me one for Christmas this past year. Definitely something I will hang on to forever even if I sell the real car lol
cda57ffec66e1b676c13d961ee5db90a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Looks really good, my dad made me one for Christmas this past year. Definitely something I will hang on to forever even if I sell the real car lol
cda57ffec66e1b676c13d961ee5db90a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great. Your dad did an awesome job!!! Yes, I think I would keep it forever too!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here are some detail pics.

Some of the details include CCW classic wheel replicas, red calipers, wrinkle blue replica valve covers, black COBRA inserts on rear bumper, SVT heat exchanger and Dark inserts in the seats.

OW Coupe 4.JPG
OW Coupe 6.JPG
OW Coupe 11.JPG
OW Coupe 7.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I found them on a Corvette on Ebay. I painted the centers flat black and then took a fine brush and a magnifying glass and hand painted the center cap, lug nuts and outer rim rivets. It was a pain in the @$$, but it came out looking pretty good.

Corvette.JPG

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Great work. I got into the 1:18 die cast hobby years ago, but I lack the patience and your skill to get the results you do.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Great work. I got into the 1:18 die cast hobby years ago, but I lack the patience and your skill to get the results you do.

Thank you TK. I do get frustrated at times. This detail work can be tedious and when things don't line up or I get a run in the clear it sucks, but everything can be fixed. I just have to walk away at times, but when it's done and it comes out the way I wanted it is very rewarding. Especially when others appreciate what has been done/accomplished.

Thanks again for your feedback. I appreciate it!!!

And don't worry. I will create an OW coupe for you in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread