Difference between all 3 model years?

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Hey I wanted to know if there is any major difference between the 15 thru 17 GT model years?

I know 15 was the first run and curious if there are any issues with them that were fixed in 16/17 .

Thanks!

thehunterooo

Established Member
16 cars got the turn signal in the vents (16 only) and upgraded sync in 16-17 but other than some options and colors that was about it as far as differences I believe. I think some very early EB cars had engine defects from what people speculated.

There were not really any issues with the 15 cars alone. The two common ones with the 15-17 cars though are the driveshaft vibrations (which no one knows why they actually vibrate to this day) and the A/C evap has been know to fail but at what rate no one knows since there is no data. Of course people are dying over the dreaded panel gaps as well but that was about it. Nothing really exclusive to just the 2015 model year though.

Eric/gt

Established Member
I discovered today that the 17's placed a donut on the shaft of the shocks so you cant remove the bump stop. The lowering springs have a shorter bump stop, so i just cut about a half inch of the stocker.

Attachments

• 20170923_171521.jpg
    20170923_171521.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 133

mikengail

Established Member
My '15 GT Premium A6 'Vert had the driveshaft vibration problem. There's a Ford TBS out on it so my dealer re-balanced the driveshaft and the vibration stopped. Otherwise, I've had zero problems with the car and I beat on it probably a little more than the average Coyote daily driver. Very happy with it. Going to put a Whipple or VMP blower on it eventually. The only two mods are a street catback and a couple of VMP N/A tunes, one for 91 and the other for 101 unleaded. Should be fun...

Mr_ATC

Established Member
Recently had my THIRD Evap core replaced on my june 15 model coyote. Talk about shit luck. No other problems.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Recently had my THIRD Evap core replaced on my june 15 model coyote. Talk about shit luck. No other problems.

sounds like a bad part that needs to be updated? I had our evap replaced I hope this doesn't become a continuing issue. I just bought ESP warranty from Nick so I'm covered unit 125K

Users who are viewing this thread