Division X regulator return orifice.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
I've seen talk about this but have not seen any results. Currently I am running a Lethal Budget return fuel system with dual 465s and 60lb injectors. I have had an issue with my Delta Fuel pressure dropping nearly 5psi during WOT. Ive learned that this may be due to my -6 return being to small for all the returning fuel.

I am mainly wondering if anyone has drilled out a Division X regulator to accept a larger return? I know I can get a fitting to go from -6 to -8 but id rather remove the bottle neck.
Yes, if I had the money currently I would upgrade the regulator, but sadly I dont due to a newborn on the way.

Tuner has me at a standstill until I can fix the Delta pressure drop issue before we can move on to full WOT pulls. I do have logs if someone with tuning background would like to see visually the issue.

bigmoose

Established Member
I think you have it backwards. If your return is too small I'd expect a rise in fuel pressure, not a drop.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
But would you see a rise in fuel pressure along the lines of the on rail pressure gauge or the Delta reading you visually see on your (X4,X3,ect)
My analog gauge on the regulator shows the normal psi increase at wot. goes to around 57-58 psi. The digital on my handheld (Delta) shows a drop from 40.** to 35-36.**. I would have to recheck my logs to be more exact, but thats the issue im needing to investigate.
(fyi) Stock cobra feed and rails

bigmoose

Established Member
I'd expect to see a rise at both places if the return was too small.

Still don't see how it can be a return line size. If you have good pressure at the regulator it's either the regulator itself or the connection to the stock rails.

I run stock rails with e85 making 650whp and my logged Delta fuel pressure is rock steady at 40psi. I run a Fore f2i regulator, with 8an line to stock rails with an adapter. I'm also only running 320e pumps.

Are you running it setup deadhead or do you have the regulator on the rail with an adapter?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
You would not drop pressure due to too small of a return line. You would increase pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soap

Established Member
All regulators have a return slope to them so some minimal pressure drop is normal. I have spoke to Justin (Fore) about this.

Regardless, sounds like you have a fuel supply issue to me. Do your pumps have good wiring? Are you starving the pumps of fuel?

--Joe

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
I'd expect to see a rise at both places if the return was too small.

Still don't see how it can be a return line size. If you have good pressure at the regulator it's either the regulator itself or the connection to the stock rails.

I run stock rails with e85 making 650whp and my logged Delta fuel pressure is rock steady at 40psi. I run a Fore f2i regulator, with 8an line to stock rails with an adapter. I'm also only running 320e pumps.

Are you running it setup deadhead or do you have the regulator on the rail with an adapter?

After the rail setup. Lethal budget kit places the regulator on the rail where the FRPS is located and then an adapter to connect the sensor to the other side of the regulator.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
All regulators have a return slope to them so some minimal pressure drop is normal. I have spoke to Justin (Fore) about this.

Regardless, sounds like you have a fuel supply issue to me. Do your pumps have good wiring? Are you starving the pumps of fuel?

--Joe

All brand new lethal return wiring, all soldered.
465s have noncolapsing fuel baskets. Plus I made sure they didnt sit on the bottom of the tank, Cobra baffled tank fyi.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
i was looking into dual 465s and my tuner said factory feed was too small. i have 80s also. maybe go with a bigger injector?

Users who are viewing this thread