Do you get nervous while driving your Cobra?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I get nervous it will break down and leave me stranded.

Getting hit would be a blessing at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I was thinking about buying another H-D a few months ago, and told my good friend who writes my family auto policies. His reply is appropriate here.

He thought about it a second, and said two words.

"women... texting'

94slowbra1

Established Member
if anything i feel confident driving it. i have built this car with some of the best parts around for performance (speed, handling braking ect...) i feel like i can stop short if i need to, speed up to avoid contact or maneuver to avoid contact. of course there is always the possibility that it is out of my control and then i have full coverage to handle the repairs.
i also have a high level of confidence in the mechanics of the car. i have done 95% of the work on it myself and the other 5% i have paid very reputable people to do. nothing has been half assed and quality has always been put first. i keep it maintained regularly so all should be good on the road. in the cars current state (see sig for list) i have been to chicago and back, about 19hrs each way. i got over 20mpg and didnt have one hiccup on the road
im much more nervous parking it and leaving it unattended than i am driving

Black2010

Established Member
I agree with you 100% and feel I should think that way too. Family and health should come before worrying about a piece of metal. However, the fact that it appears others just don't give a S#!T pisses me off. Not only could they damage my property, but they could injure me or my family.

I guess it's our priorities that need some adjusting some times.

I'll agree with that. I get pissed all the time driving with my family when I see people paying more attention to their phone than driving or doing other stupid stuff. It does get my attention but it's the same as when I'm driving my Cobra or my wife's Durango.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I was thinking about buying another H-D a few months ago, and told my good friend who writes my family auto policies. His reply is appropriate here.

He thought about it a second, and said two words.

"women... texting'

Man, you and Corbic are so right. I can't tell you how many times I look over and see drivers on their phones. It's crazy!!!!

I used to have a crotch rocket back in 00/01. Got rid of it because I never really used it, but it's even more dangerous driving one of those things today than it was back then.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nah, i don't feel nervous. i do everything in my power not to hit something, but even if i were to hit something, it is just life. car is too much fun to not drive it, and by driving it, you can't keep it new forever.

just last month someone rear-ended my co vert in traffic. but as said, it makes no sense to worry about things in life that you cannot control.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
im much more nervous parking it and leaving it unattended than i am driving

I hear you. With my Roush I never take it any place I have to leave it parked. My Cobra's I will, but only if I'm going in the store to grab a quick item and then I'm out......... And even then I park in BFE.......

cj428mach

Established Member
I worry about getting ran into from some one on their cell phone. I put a lot of time, money, and energy into my car to lose it to someone not paying attention.
A while back a chick rear ended me in my pick up at about 20 miles per hour when I was stopped. Thankfully I have a receiver hitch and it didn't hurt my truck at all but it tore her car up badly. When I come to a stop now I usually stop way short and look in my rear view mirror to see what the person behind me is doing. That way I can try to pull up some if necessary.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
just last month someone rear-ended my co vert in traffic. but as said, it makes no sense to worry about things in life that you cannot control.

Yeah what happened to you is something I worrying about. I mean no matter how good you or your car is being rear ended is kind of difficult to avoid.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I worry about getting ran into from some one on their cell phone. I put a lot of time, money, and energy into my car to lose it to someone not paying attention.
A while back a chick rear ended me in my pick up at about 20 miles per hour when I was stopped. Thankfully I have a receiver hitch and it didn't hurt my truck at all but it tore her car up badly. When I come to a stop now I usually stop way short and look in my rear view mirror to see what the person behind me is doing. That way I can try to pull up some if necessary.

Yep, that happened to me too. Was in my 2010 F-150 a few years ago. Same exact thing. Woman on her phone rear ended me. My whole family was in the truck. No one in my truck was hurt and no damage to my truck as the ball hitch took the brunt of it. However, her car was messed up.

Since she rear ended me I told her I was good. She said she was good, so me and the family left her at the gas station to assess her damage and call for help.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I probably pay more attention to the idiots out there. But I seem to deal with more of them thinking my truck is slow and always wanting to get in front of me. The Cobra and zip around them if need be.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
664f25ba0edb78f49380c5cb040b84fb.jpg
i love my car and will keep driving it. Ever since this happened to my car I always watch behind me when I stop, change lanes, etc. I make sure I heel toe downshift every stop so people hear me and pay attention.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I do just because I know it would be hard to replace. But honestly I have insurance I don’t want anything to happen to it. But are lives are more important than possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The 03/04 Termi is actually the reason Insurance rates are what they are today.

Ford tried to offset this by offering such a great trunk and overall interior space, but the inevitable brute force of 390 supercharged horsepower overtook and so... here we are.

OP. Take extra caution when driving your Termi. It should be noted that God-forbid some idiot on the road hits your precious collectable, you will be fully covered.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The 03/04 Termi is actually the reason Insurance rates are what they are today.

Ford tried to offset this by offering such a great trunk and overall interior space, but the inevitable brute force of 390 supercharged horsepower overtook and so... here we are.

OP. Take extra caution when driving your Termi. It should be noted that God-forbid some idiot on the road hits your precious collectable, you will be fully covered.
:rolleyes:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Are engine fires covered by insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread