Dodge DEMON on 93, No Skinnies and No Transbrake - Drag Vid

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'm a road course guy now to be honest. I don't get a lot of free time it seems so when I do, I'm at HPR or PMP. I greatly prefer it over drag racing. I'll let you know if I hear anything though. I still get invites a few times a year.
Sounds good, and really wanting to get into road course. I only like drag racing few times for shits and giggles. Rentals are just a lot nicer.

Never_Enough

Established Member
It is what it is. Somebody may just want to buy a 10 / 9 sec car form the factory and throw a tire on it and be happy.
I'd certainly be happy having a car running those times that I could also drive to work & the store daily. I might get disappointed b/c it's lack of turning ability, though. I enjoy both. (Yes, I know it's not built for road course)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sounds good, and really wanting to get into road course. I only like drag racing few times for shits and giggles. Rentals are just a lot nicer.
If I only did rentals I might still be interested. Nothing like sitting in the staging lanes for 45 minutes on a TT night and getting 3 passes for $30.

If you want to get into road course stuff in the future hit me up via PM. We probably don't need to clog up this thread lol.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
If I only did rentals I might still be interested. Nothing like sitting in the staging lanes for 45 minutes on a TT night and getting 3 passes for $30.

If you want to get into road course stuff in the future hit me up via PM. We probably don't need to clog up this thread lol.
Will do.

Demons are slow! There, now we're not off topic, lol.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Dodge didn't advertise that anyone can do it. They simply built and tested the car HUNDREDS of times and then gave their media department the details on its best pass.

They told us where and when they made the record pass. That is enough info for any intelligent consumer to do the research and any reasonable car guy would realize that they made hundreds of runs(on a private, prepped, site), tweaking things as they went and finally pulled off a 9.65 in -1300 DA.

Any car guy that knew that and really thinks that number will be common practice when the car got into the hands of consumers is a moron.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Dodge didn't advertise that anyone can do it. They simply built and tested the car HUNDREDS of times and then gave their media department the details on its best pass.

They told us where and when they made the record pass. That is enough info for any intelligent consumer to do the research and any reasonable car guy would realize that they made hundreds of runs(on a private, prepped, site), tweaking things as they went and finally pulled off a 9.65 in -1300 DA.

Any car guy that knew that and really thinks that number will be common practice when the car got into the hands of consumers is a moron.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member

Bam.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I will report back with real world numbers this Spring/Summer

Attachments

• demon .JPG
    demon .JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 136

_Snake_

Established Member
The Demon is a great step forward but why make it out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Had they produced a car that did a 9.65 but didn't need all the drag goodies that would have been a game changer. Always expect more

Well, it IS a car designed for drag racing. When was the last time any manufacturer built a 9 second car with a 3 year drag strip warranty?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, it IS a car designed for drag racing. When was the last time any manufacturer built a 9 second car with a 3 year drag strip warranty?

Never. This place is hilarious now. A bad ass muscle car that had been purpose built for the drag strip with a warranty from the factory that’s STEET LEGAL comes out and people whine about new owners running high 9’s.

If Ford would of built this people around here would be loosing their shit and giving each other HJ’s left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Dodge just decided to do a hero run and state that as the cars 1/4 time, Technically nothing false about it just not industry standard.

I think Mclaren lists the 720s as performing the 1/4 mile in 10.3. it has to date, gone 9.7x (completely stock) at 147 over at Atco.

Yeah, the car is way more expensive and in a different league but it doesn't even care about the 1/4 and is right on the heels of this thing.

Before anyone hits Dodges claim there may already be a car out that is quicker in the 1/4 without resorting to needing race gas, seat delete, trans break, and bigs and littles.

The Demon is a great step forward but why make it out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Had they produced a car that did a 9.65 but didn't need all the drag goodies that would have been a game changer. Always expect more

Also, everyone asking where is Ford in this. I don't think they give a ****. It's not rocket science going fast in a straight line.
No, it doesn't take rocket science to to run in a straight line. It takes experience, torque, horsepower, correct suspension geometry, a solid chassis, the right tires running the perfect pressure, etc.

I didn't even begin to get into the technology needed to accomplish what I listed. That would require much more than rocket science.

I like to race. Rumor has it that I'm fairly good. We should line up some time and see just how easy that straight line is to rip down.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
Dodge should have never said 9.65, there's a few Demon owners on their forum calling bullshit. AND Steeda has been around since I had a Super Ford subscription in the late 80's, their not known for being sandbaggers or liars. And you'll be impressed with a factory GT in the 10's? What's the Steeda car? 3/4's of the Mods are to save the IRS, it has Long Tubes, CAI, tune and E-85.

So...your saying a Steeda is a modded mustang. Yes, I 100% agree.

blk02edge

Established Member
No, it doesn't take rocket science to to run in a straight line. It takes experience, torque, horsepower, correct suspension geometry, a solid chassis, the right tires running the perfect pressure, etc.

I didn't even begin to get into the technology needed to accomplish what I listed. That would require much more than rocket science.

I like to race. Rumor has it that I'm fairly good. We should line up some time and see just how easy that straight line is to rip down.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
We've got a resident john force yeeeehaaaw

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So,......have we come up with another car(s) with warranty to run 9's for a little under 100K?

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I was at SGMP Friday night when the Steeda guys made that 10.71 run.

It’s every bit the “hero” run the demon had. There was mineshaft air at SGMP that night, they had a team of people pouring over that car after every run and trailered it to the track.

Track was very sticky too.

Anybody who thinks they’re just rolling up to the strip in their steeda mustang with those same mods and ripping off high 10’s is gonna be in for a bit of a surprise as well...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread