Does anyone sell Opti-Coat products?

omj

Established Member
I understand this is usually a dealer only item, but I'm hoping to find someone to sell me their seat sealant. You can PM me and I'll keep my mouth shut. :)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
You can buy opti-coat gloss coating, which is what I used on my car. I really like it.

omj

Established Member
Since no one has offered to sell me any Opti-Coat yet, does anyone have an experience with Gyeon's Leather Shield?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I've used it with good results. Clean the surface well prior to application and follow their directions and you are good to go! Good 'feel' to it and nice protection.

omj

Established Member
Do you agree with the idea that modern seats don't need moisturizer, conditioner, etc because the leather has a clear coat (or something akin to it) applied at the factory?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I do. As long as it is 'coated' leather. Yes. I would use a dedicated leather coating or Ultima Interior Guard on them and be done.

omj

Established Member
I'm planning to coat the following cars: 2015 RX 350, 2012 Impala LTZ and a 1999 Cobra. As best I can discern, they are have clear coated leather interiors. If you know otherwise, please let me know before I mess things up.

omj

Established Member
They all should, just check the Lexus to see if it has 'natural' leather option.

The Lexus has semi-aniline leather. I think Leather Shield should be ok. What do you say, sensei?
My last question--is there anything special I need to do in order to be sure that I don't clog up the ventilation holes (OEM heated/cooled option) in the seats?

Last edited:

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
OK, yep, you will be fine.

Don't use a ton of product, that's the number one rule so you wont' clog up the perforations.

Users who are viewing this thread