Does this detach from rear bumper?

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Curious if any of you know if the plastic ruffled panel that the license plate attaches to can unclip from the bumper? Anyone have pics from inside their bumper skin?

mDU7gh.jpg

Kapy

Established Member
Curious if any of you know if the plastic ruffled panel that the license plate attaches to can unclip from the bumper? Anyone have pics from inside their bumper skin?

View attachment 1468452
Nope, you have to remove the rear bumper cover if you want to make sure you don't break the clips, damage the license plate backing or bumper cover.

The rear bumper cover isn't all that difficult to remove, just takes some time. I replaced all my ford stock plastic with Carbon Fiber so this is how I know.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Nope, you have to remove the rear bumper cover if you want to
Hhjgg make sure you don't break the clips, damage the license plate backing or bumper cover.

The rear bumper cover isn't all that difficult to remove, just takes some time. I replaced all my ford stock plastic with Carbon Fiber so this is how I know.

No I plan on taking the bumper cover off but wasn’t sure if that was molded into the cover or if I can take it off, I guess I know that I can now so thanks. Do you have pics of your carbon fiber job? I’m thinking of having mine hydrodipped in cf.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nope, you have to remove the rear bumper cover if you want to make sure you don't break the clips, damage the license plate backing or bumper cover.

Sorry to hijack OP; Kapy or 50stangpower did you use Trufiber or Anderson for the Carbon Fiber pieces? Also, do you like the way the Gurney flap looks in person?

Info@Injected

Sorry to hijack OP; Kapy or 50stangpower did you use Trufiber or Anderson for the Carbon Fiber pieces? Also, do you like the way the Gurney flap looks in person?

For what it’s worth we used Anderson Composites on one of our GT350s that got a LOT of carbon (all AC available GT350 parts) and it was truly top notch stuff. Highly recommend them

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the info. Definitely a respected opinion coming from you.

50stangpower

Established Member
Trufiber. I don't recommend it if you are a perfectionist. The weaves are not perfect but fitment is good. My trip forged carbon heat extractor is perfect though.

Kapy

Established Member

I utilized both Seibon and TruFiber to complete all pieces. Back in 13 Seibon and TruFiber were about the only ones that had stuff already. I like the quality of both. Seibon stuff had to be worked with a bit to fit right though, especially the rear diffuser. TruFiber stuff is damn good I think.

Kapy

Established Member
638F7E23-7F26-4785-999C-97F3F091644D.jpeg
No I plan on taking the bumper cover off but wasn’t sure if that was molded into the cover or if I can take it off, I guess I know that I can now so thanks. Do you have pics of your carbon fiber job? I’m thinking of having mine hydrodipped in cf.

I wouldn’t go Hydro dip. I tried that with a couple of pieces never came out right.
Here is a pic of the rear with Gurney, License Plate, Rear Diffuser. My Avatar has the grills, front spoiler and hood vent.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
That looks awesome bud! I’m letting a local shop hydro dip my hood vent and a couple little things under the hood (reservoir caps, hot catch can and fuse box cover). I will see how they turn out and if not to my liking I won’t do anything else because the last thing I’d want to do is ruin the looks of my baby. I picked a new true weave pattern they have, seen some samples and it looked damn close to actual CF so will see.

If it turns out then I will take off this rear panel and every black plastic piece I have to get done. They are doing it for me for free so they can earn my business for the rest so I guess time will tell.

Kapy

Established Member
That looks awesome bud! I’m letting a local shop hydro dip my hood vent and a couple little things under the hood (reservoir caps, hot catch can and fuse box cover). I will see how they turn out and if not to my liking I won’t do anything else because the last thing I’d want to do is ruin the looks of my baby. I picked a new true weave pattern they have, seen some samples and it looked damn close to actual CF so will see.

If it turns out then I will take off this rear panel and every black plastic piece I have to get done. They are doing it for me for free so they can earn my business for the rest so I guess time will tell.

Thanks man! cool send pics when you get them done. Hydro dip is good, you just got to find the right person, just like anything else. Good luck! Btw, best color combo on the ride too sir!

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the answers even though not my thread. Southeast Carbon Works for Hydrodipped stuff. Bruce is awesome to work with and does quality work.

Truforged had the best Carbon Fiber hood vent. Really looks impressive on the hood.

Kapy

Established Member
Thank you. I will look them up if I ever decide to try hydro again.

Users who are viewing this thread