Download the 2013 GT500 Order Guide Here!!!!

jonesd

Established Member
yea, i for one have the 1000 in my current car and its plenty loud! I like music so ill opt for the system, but best believe when I get the resonator removed, ill be driving windows down just listening to the symphony that is Mustang! :rockon:

I guess im just dissapointed that the 1200 dollar system is now only 50 watts above our current stock system(shaker 500). I know it can still sound great, just expected more for 1200 bucks.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
How many speakers are in the current base stereo?

Just 6, or 8/9 (whatever they are now)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
thoughts on the front tire width increase - 255 to 265 for the '13 - i believe i would be correct in assuming that this is to take advantage of the increased front downforce, right? the new 3 piece splitter will obviously give an increase, + the much ballyhooed 'not-a-grille' featuring downforce generating elements(directing the entering air towards the hood vent i believe), definitely a solid increase over the previous models. i believe this will be a VERY balanced car with these changes.

Colleton

Established Member
No black with gray stripes makes me a sad boy.

Just looked the commercial again. It might be the lighting and they are flat black. Looks like that might be the combo! Plust SVTPP, track pack and recaros.

My 09 was black with alloy (gray) stripes and it looked pretty good. The car in the commercial had black stripes though, not sure how people are seeing it as being gray.

Sterling gray with black stripes is just about the perfect muscle car look, only eclipsed by the black w/black stripes combo. That said, I will never own another black car, the 09 broke me of that BS.

2013gt500

Established Member
My 09 was black with alloy (gray) stripes and it looked pretty good. The car in the commercial had black stripes though, not sure how people are seeing it as being gray.

Sterling gray with black stripes is just about the perfect muscle car look, only eclipsed by the black w/black stripes combo. That said, I will never own another black car, the 09 broke me of that BS.

What was bad about the black? I have never owned a black car but was thinking of making this one my first.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Black looks great, when it's clean... Keeping one clean(and looking great) can be a full time job sometimes lol

Owning a "Clean Black" car can be a blessing and a curse. I enjoy cleaning my cars, if you don't, I strongly suggest getting a different color. Also if you buy a black Shelby invest in some "Good" cleaning products. It can become an obsession.............Just ask my wife.:dw:

91svtbird

Established Member
Ford changed to the 265 up front in 2011.

Yep the 11 SVTPP had the 265's up front but the standard model used the 255's back then. The big difference with the 13's is both the standard and the PP version's are using 19's front and 20's rear unlike the 11 standard model which had 19's front and rear.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
It doesn't look like you can get black with Grabber blue stripes. What a shame...

Also I am a little disappointed that neither Gotaa-Have it Green or School bus yellow are available. I see too many Grabber blue stangs now, so it is not quite unique enough for me anymore.

+1,000,000,000 I know ford can't please every one but blue stripes available with red and two silvers:nonono::nonono: If they can pu the stripes on other colors they can put it on black Time to start making calls.

bpmurr

Established Member
So are the stereos an upgrade or a downgrade this year...?

If I'm reading correctly the standard shaker audio is now 370 watts instead of 500?

And now they sell a 550 watt "shaker pro" for 1200 and got rid of the shaker 1000 watt option?

I think it's an upgrade, most likely more efficient speakers and amp. They need some kind of upgrade because the system sounds very muddy compared to the Sony system in my Focus.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Long as it's not worse than the Mach460 in my 14 year old GT, I'm good to go.

Stripe delete (stupid ford, won't let me put blue on my seats)
and recaros...

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I like the standard 2013 19/20 wheels for sure...and I like the current SVTPP wheels better than the 2013 ones...I think. Be nice to see all combos in person.

I like the new blue!...but, I also like my Kona! I think Grabber or Kona with Black stripes is nice! I'd like to see the new Candy Apple Red Metallic..that probably looks sweet!

Nice car.....for sure! Those who get one in MD...I'd like a ride and a looksey!

Colleton

Established Member
What was bad about the black? I have never owned a black car but was thinking of making this one my first.

As others have said, the issue was keeping the car clean. Black looks so beautiful when the car is clean, but it shows the smallest of flaws (dust/dirt, water spots, swirlies, etc...). Mine was a daily driver (as is my 11), and it was washed 2-3 times a week in an effort to keep it looking good. I waxed it once every week or two, usually once a week (overkill, I know). On the plus side, I learned a lot about keeping a car clean and swirlie-free that I'd never known before.

It was just a lot of effort, and it was unending. I could wash it then have it on the road for 5 minutes and it would look dirty. Maybe it was just me, but I swear that I'll never own another black car.

OTOH, sterling gray is great for a daily driver - the car really has to be dirty before you notice it, and a weekly bath keeps it looking good.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
So are the stereos an upgrade or a downgrade this year...?

If I'm reading correctly the standard shaker audio is now 370 watts instead of 500?

And now they sell a 550 watt "shaker pro" for 1200 and got rid of the shaker 1000 watt option?

I think it's an upgrade. The shaker 500 and 1000 systems were denoted by their 'peak' power ratings. I thought I read that the new systems are named after their continuous power ratings, which is usually 50% of peak power (i.e. a 370 watt system has a peak power rating of 740 watts).

I've tried to find my source to cite it, but I can't find it right now. I appologize if what I've said is in error. Perhaps one of the other fact hawks with more time can look into this.

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
I like the standard 2013 19/20 wheels for sure...and I like the current SVTPP wheels better than the 2013 ones...I think. Be nice to see all combos in person.

I like the new blue!...but, I also like my Kona! I think Grabber or Kona with Black stripes is nice! I'd like to see the new Candy Apple Red Metallic..that probably looks sweet!

Nice car.....for sure! Those who get one in MD...I'd like a ride and a looksey!

Bonefish,....your close enough...if I go through with it(price pending) ill look ya up!.lol
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread