Dual FPDMs / Pre BAP / AEM 320 Pumps / Blowing 30A fuses like crazy HELP

99lightning_svt

Established Member
This car has been sitting for years now trying to get these fuel issues sorted.... Please help me!

I Installed dual FPDMs, installed new power wires so each pump has a a dedicated set of lines to its individual FPDM.

I have a fused 8G wire to the BAP relay, with a 40A relay.

Im blowing the 30A fuse between the BAP and FPDMs.

What do i need to do? Larger fuse and fuse holder? I don't understand why i'm having issues when this seems to do the trick for everyone else.

The only way to drive the car is with the BAP turned down.

On a side not i installed a new fuel float and it doesnt seem to be working...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Are you 100% sure the BAP is good? The fact that you said it doesn't blow the fuses when it's turned down would make me suspicious.

As for the sending unit, hopefully you didn't break it when you put the pumps back in the tank. I did that once. It sucked.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Which way did you wire the BAP? Pre or post FPDM. I’m assuming pre since you mentioned it being turned down. That would be the correct way to have it wired.

The switch may be bad or the FPDM.
You need to check the wiring and make sure it is wired correctly. Make sure it’s done like this thread:

I would contact kenne bell and ask them their thoughts so hopefully they can give you specific things to look at.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/boost-a-pump-install-without-wiring-upgrade.838562/

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Maybe @Black306 can help you troubleshoot. He made me the wiring harness, and I've had the same setup for few years now

Edit: You did run 8ga to the battery/distribution box, correct?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread