Dyno Results - 2013 Mustang GT

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
114? What mph are other coyotes running up there? I'd datalog and send them to Lund.

sono

Established Member
Some of these shops have dyno's older than dirt! Take a peak, you don't have to be a software engineer to figure out a orange or urine tinged crt monitor is probably not up to date!

5lho

Established Member
Depending on the weight of your car, a 114 mph trap speed doesn't seem like 414whp. The ET is damn good for a stick car on street tires, though; excellent work there.

Personally, I did 11.9 at 115+ on a stock MT82, 3.73 BBP car. Fully loaded with a Procal tune and a slick tire.

The weight and the mph tell you how much power you are making. Many calculators online for this. Most estimate flywheel hp. There's one on Mustangworks.com

5pnt0

Established Member
Thank you. So, I should be making less power with that trap speed? Not sure on weight, should've hopped on the scale. I would be surprised if I should expect lower power numbers with the modifications made, also that was done on a dyno that the shop said reads ~12% lower than the avg dynojet. I understand they are all calibrated different.

Depending on the weight of your car, a 114 mph trap speed doesn't seem like 414whp. The ET is damn good for a stick car on street tires, though; excellent work there.

Personally, I did 11.9 at 115+ on a stock MT82, 3.73 BBP car. Fully loaded with a Procal tune and a slick tire.

The weight and the mph tell you how much power you are making. Many calculators online for this. Most estimate flywheel hp. There's one on Mustangworks.com

_Snake_

Established Member
What were the trap speeds for all of your runs? That's more indicative of how much power your car is making.

5pnt0

Established Member
114mph almost identical on each of the first three runs, last run was 113. I am also going to submit logs to Lund to see if any issues.

What were the trap speeds for all of your runs? That's more indicative of how much power your car is making.

Last edited:

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Did a couple of runs over the weekend. All on street tires, best out of four was a 12.3 @114. Happy that I actually cut a 1.8 60' on that run, but the mph is a little low it seems. Temp was 78 degrees, DA I think was 2100. First run was 12.6, second 12.5, third 12.3, and fourth when bogged at the line a 12.7. First run was with full TC on, all others were in sport mode with 1-2 shift traction issues. I had to leave after the last run, but I think it had more in it if I had time to do a couple more runs. I was taking my time to feel the car out. Next I am going to pick up some slicks and head back to see what it can do. I should also mention that I didn't start shifting over 7k rpm until the third run which gave me my best time.

good runs here, MPH seems off like some others have said, but 1.8 60ft is getting it on streets. I think mine was 1.94 and same et at 118 MPH. Same mods essentially. I'm using JLT and on the 12.3 @118 was running a straight E85 tune from Lund. Looking to get rid of my coilovers and get some slicks here shortly... going for mid 11s

and my Dyno numbers ere stupid low... 406/356 on a dynojet.. so I know something is off... my only issue is.. I put same numbers on 2 different dynos. So I don't rely on them at all

5pnt0

Established Member
Funny, I put my car on a dynocom dyno the other day and it put down almost exactly the same numbers. Within 1hp/tq on each run. Logged and everything looked fine. I think the car is running fine, just need a good set of wheels/tires and some more practice and I can pull the times down.

Users who are viewing this thread