Dyno results Paxton 2200 stock pulley

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
And my thought with the 3.8 pulley is that it would be pretty hard to blow the engine. I have also blown in engine with less and it is not fun. I can tell that I will be pulling down in the near future though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I would highly recommend freeing up that bottle neck in your exhaust before you pulley down. You are already losing 30-40 hp up top, no sense in throwing more boost at it. You are risking damaging your cats which could cause damage to your motor if you keep upping the boost. With forced induction it's very important to have a free flowing exhaust.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
20171118_153032_zpsezlze15e.jpg
[email protected] with a 2.0 60'

89 T-trim

Established Member
My car made the same power as yours and had the same problem. Removing the cats yielded nothing. I had to dyno the car three times. I had false knock. I put 101 octane in it and still didn't make more power. As a last resort the tuner desensitized the knock sensors. I searched for noise, oil in the intake manifold and didn't find nothing. What the tuner tried was changing the calibration code of the pcm. It did make a little more power with the new cal and stock knock settings compared to the desensitized tune.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Once I would get into boost it would spin a little. most of the time just stalled up to 2000 RPM on brakes and let go and floor it. The problem was not spinning it was having to rev from 2000-3500 where boost starts coming in.

Boost is ~10 psi on a cold night. That was a hot day so probably 9 psi or so.

Holovacko

Established Member
Made 599 with the 3.80 pulley, BAP. Here is the car making a 1/8th mile pass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Holovacko, i assume you have full exhaust w offroad x? What other mods? That mph is great. What plugs and what gap? I am regapping mine to see if that is my high rpm problem per Lunds request. Hopefully that plus cold air will get me closer to you. Stock exhaust will hold me back a little im sure.

Holovacko

Established Member
Yes O/R exhaust, plugs are 1 range colder, don’t remember the gap. Lund tunes mine as well. Been working with Dakota. They’ve been great. Lund revised the tune almost 20 times, tightening it up. It still has more in it. Been short shifting 2nd gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Im working with Dasan. My high rpm blip on dyno they think now could be spark blowout. Im using the ngk 6510s like everyone and will pull them out this weekend to take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread