E85 Gains?

Flcracker

Established Member
Soon A complete return style Fore Innovations system will be installed with ID 1000s. The car makes 590whp and 500 torque on the 82 mm pulley, and I'll be swapping to the 79mm pulley. I'm still running the Roush supplied air box and stock Throttlebody. Car is tuned by Lund in hot South Florida. How much HP and TQ do you all think I'll gain on the E? Thanks!

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see you gain 100whp. There are a lot of variables obviously but with more boost and more timing anything can happen.

J_verrett5oh

Established Member
gains will depend on tune adjustments
the great thing about e85 is you can safely run more timing and not have knock
more timing = more power
I was averaging 30 rwhp per 2* timing added

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
With the same boost, 12 psi on my 08 3V, I picked up 102 HP going from 91 octane to E85. Timing went from 15 to 23 degrees.

Flcracker

Established Member
I got the numbers back from Power by the Hour. On 93 octane and an 82mm pulley the car made 601rwhp and 529rwtq. On E85 and the same 82mm pulley the car made 674rwhp and 584rwtq. Great job Frank and the guys at Power by the Hour! Thank you Lund Racing. Here is a link to the dyno graph and a quick video of the car.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Those guys are a bunch of chumps, especially Frank, or was it Frank. No, i am just kidding.
Tell them Scott in Thomasville ga said hello. Good guys down there that know what they are doing. They did some work on my car as well. Enjoy the car!!

Users who are viewing this thread