e85 guys - how much timing and boost are you running?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I am debating the efficiency of my setup, I am running 24psi on my 7675 around 17* of timing and making about 750rwhp. I feel like I have a restriction somewhere that is sucking up power, it seems as if a lot of guys are putting down more with similar boost or even less. I am not sure if its my turbo or intercooler, or maybe even the tune.

Thanks!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Post how your car is setup.

For example: I have a Garrett GT4094R 68/77, 4 inch downpipe dumped at rear axle, 3 inch up pipe, Mishimoto R Line Intercooler, turbo cams, stage 1 port job on heads, FRPP intake and throttle body.

701 RWHP at 12 psi. Progressive timing of 19 to 23 at wot.

brady_f

Established Member
I am debating the efficiency of my setup, I am running 24psi on my 7675 around 17* of timing and making about 750rwhp. I feel like I have a restriction somewhere that is sucking up power, it seems as if a lot of guys are putting down more with similar boost or even less. I am not sure if its my turbo or intercooler, or maybe even the tune.

Thanks!

Your signature is crazy small but it looks like you're running a 4R swap which would easily account for the lower dyno numbers. What's it trap?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Before you go crazy. It could be your converter. I would run it at the track and see how it performs. My car with the TH400 in it would never make huge #s on the dyno. On 27PSI and a 7675 it only made 765rwhp. @ 18 PSI it would make just about 600rwhp. However on 18psi the car ran mid 9s @ 140+ on pump gas with about a 3600# race weight.

Do you have any pics of your dyno sheets and how do the logs look?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Bring it to the track and see what it lays down for trap speed. My car trapped 152.4 on 24lbs which is around 1000whp at my race weight. 16 degrees timing, th400, ptc 9.5 converter

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Converter is likely the culprit. Additionally, test back pressure and load. If it's high, find out why. There are other issues that could sack power numbers but honestly, through an auto on a dyno, those numbers are average to above average.

How is the seat of the pants dyno? Does it feel free breathing and happy to rev to redline or does it feel pressurized and too tight trying to do so?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys, I already sent my converter in to circle d, converter would only come up to 2500 on the tbrake, but with that I was able to squeeze out a 1.60 60', 9.97@141mph. I'll see what the new converter does for me, I'm having them loosen it to 3500.

Users who are viewing this thread