eBay score: 00R CoverCraft cover!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I am a self-admitted eBay junkie and have been searching daily for Cobra R goodies for a long time. With only 300 00Rs made, there aren't a lot of items that show up for sale. I've never seen a car cover come up in the year that I've owned mine. With the big rear fin and the extended front splitter, a regular Mustang cover doesn't work on these cars. There are a couple companies that make specialized covers for the R and you can still buy them new, but I have never seen one pop-up used on eBay. This one was like new and well less than half price. I jumped on the "buy it now" and hoped it was the correct cover for the car. It arrived today and fits perfectly. It's an outdoor weather resistant type cover which will be nice to have on hand if I ever take the car to a show and a rain cloud pops-up. My R has never had a drop of water on it and I'd like to keep it that way if possible. For inside the garage, I plan to keep it uncovered so I can give it long uncomfortable stares and winks.

You_Doodle_2017-08-17T02_55_03Z_zpsojtmggdg.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-08-17T02_56_27Z_zpskt7amrkb.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-08-17T02_58_05Z_zpsu3byufdz.jpg

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I have a California car cover bought it used from a member here years and years ago, don't even remember who. But it's made for the R and fits perfectly.

Goose17

Established Member
I have a California car cover bought it used from a member here years and years ago, don't even remember who. But it's made for the R and fits perfectly.

I was familiar with the California Car Cover from reading back through the history here, but I wasn't aware of the offering from Cover Craft. I was happy to see it was a good cover when it arrived. Two companies making covers for such a rare car is a good thing!

Goose17

Established Member
I sold you the cover on ebay. Glad you can use it. Looks good! Way better then on my saleen! haha

Awesome! You were a great seller to work with!

For everyone else, this cover popped-up and I clicked "buy it now" without having the ability to call CoverCraft to verify this was for the 00R (I didn't want to lose the cover.). I didn't know they made one. I sent 99cobrajn a message asking about it and he graciously installed it on his Saleen with some boxes on the back to replicate the fin. He then sent me the pics. I was also able to get ahold of a rep at CoverCraft and they verified it was for the 00R. 99cobrajn held off shipping it until I got confirmation. Excellent transaction!

Thanks 99cobrajn!

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Not a problem! It has been sitting at my shop for a long time and I never got to use it. Glad its going to get some use!

Goose17

Established Member
Not a problem! It has been sitting at my shop for a long time and I never got to use it. Glad its going to get some use!

Well, funny thing is I may never use it. My garage is my "museum" and the cars stay uncovered. I just wanted the cover as an option.

Users who are viewing this thread