Educate me on HP levels and pump gas

12boss302

Established Member
I put down 720 at 12* on 91. But I’ve it 3” piping and big cams and a BAP so my max boost is about 16.8 or so. I feel as if that’s the max that I can do at that fuel range. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I learned that the very HARD and expensive way with my Turbo Buick a few years ago. We tuned it aggressively on the dyno and at the track it had far more load and made a few more lbs of boost and Boom detonation with scattered parts everywhere! gave me a real warm and fuzzy feeling....:rolleyes:

If ur car is making 750 hp its gonna be a handful on the street so be careful. been in the woods a couple times myself with fast cars and not ashamed to admit it either lol live and learn!

That is a good point, Brett. Hadn't thought of it that way.

RBB

Established Member
I learned that the very HARD and expensive way with my Turbo Buick a few years ago. We tuned it aggressively on the dyno and at the track it had far more load and made a few more lbs of boost and Boom detonation with scattered parts everywhere! gave me a real warm and fuzzy feeling....:rolleyes:

If ur car is making 750 hp its gonna be a handful on the street so be careful. been in the woods a couple times myself with fast cars and not ashamed to admit it either lol live and learn!
No doubt it's going to be a handful....750 is more than enough for the street. I will not complain about that at all. I've been using this tuner for years now and he's always done right by me. I'm no tuner, so I won't ask him to do something he's not comfortable with. I've just never heard of a car with an already safe calibration being dialed back to hit a certain HP # unless the internals can't support it...that I can understand, would make sense for a stock bottom end.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I put down 720 at 12* on 91. But I’ve it 3” piping and big cams and a BAP so my max boost is about 16.8 or so. I feel as if that’s the max that I can do at that fuel range. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

Built motor?

RBB

Established Member
That's probably about it, you don't really want to push more than 16psi on 91 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread