Engine bogs down at high RPMs! Help!!

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
The pumps sits in a basket and is sucking it dry before it can be refilled by the fuel in the tank. You drill some holes in the basket, it stays filled.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
you just had an engine built and you're dragging it at the track w/o it being tuned ?

is it not throwing any codes ? sounds like a fuel problem to me. Does you car have a fuel rail pressure sensor ? could you have damaged anything while putting everything back together ? pinched / damaged wire ?

I'm still hunting down a circuit malfunction from a bad wire somewhere in my car after the terminator motor went in. It bogs at higher rpms also.

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
^^ I was thinking the same thing... Why would your nake high RPM runs on an un-tuned new motor?

Im willing to bet thats your problem.. and if its not the dyno would help show the problem.

FLSVTCobra

Established Member
I replaced the fuel filter and added some fuel injector cleaner but still nothing. The car bogged again around 5000 rpm at WOT. I also checked the MAF which was clean. I also noticed my inside lights including my monster tach dimm in and out. The idle is poor as well, it keeps jumping from around 400 rpm to 900 rpm very erratically like it wants to die. Any more suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread