Engine Detail of my 2003 Mach 1, F21 Reviewed....PICS!

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Honestly, the first pic didn't look too bad, I thought that might have been the finished after pic, then I scrolled down and WOW... Impressive. Now that's how your hard earned money should be treated. ;-) I'm going to definitely try this method (and same products) next time I do mine. Last time I did mine I just used a few shop rags and a can of WD40, lol:

2004-SVT-Lightning-Motor-Bay-003.jpg

04PBMGTO

GTO
Established Member
I am going to have to try this! Just warm up, spray with water, coat in f21, let st, spray back off? Detail with rag if need be?

SICKBOY

Established Member
wow that easy any one with termy car to list there steps or hints...monsoon season so i got tons of dust and now my motor is all dusty and in need of bath just very reluctant to spray with water

sicfast

Established Member
i like the tips in this thread, ive used similar techniques aswell as some elbow grease for extra satisfaction, and a child slave to get into small areas that my hands get get to. son of a bitch i cant attach a pic? :shrug:

also anybody know where the hell i can pick up another battery sleeve?

Last edited:

texaswrx

Established Member
fstsnk1 said:
i like the tips in this thread, ive used similar techniques aswell as some elbow grease for extra satisfaction, and a child slave to get into small areas that my hands get get to. son of a bitch i cant attach a pic? :shrug:

also anybody know where the hell i can pick up another battery sleeve?
Shoot me the pic to [email protected], and I will post it for you. Also, on the battery sleeve, some stores like napa may have a generic one to save you a bit.

SICKBOY

Established Member
i have a aluminum pfab tank and radiator expansion tank any ill effect to using foam on this

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I want to try this, but just the fact of spraying water on my motor has me a little scared. Iv seen the results and such and there beautiful, but it just seems weird spraying water on your motor. Anyone in Jersey wanna come do it for me?:D

Last edited:

Destro03

Established Member
I thought that F21 was silicone based. I have always heard to only use
water based dressings and not silicone. It will break down the
properties of the engine hoses and cause premature failure. Anyone else
heard this?

texaswrx

Established Member
Destro03 said:
I thought that F21 was silicone based. I have always heard to only use
water based dressings and not silicone. It will break down the
properties of the engine hoses and cause premature failure. Anyone else
heard this?
As far as break down, not sure about that one, but the site lists the contents as-

Tire Foam & Shine

Nanotechnology formula combined with Sun-Stop® forms a tight layer of protective polymers to provide protection against the sun's UVA/UVB rays and help prevent premature fading and cracking of your sidewalls.

Product Benefits

Blend of polymers and silicones provide an extremely high level of shine that dries to the touch and will not spin-off on to side panels.
No wiping required. Just spray on and walk away.

04 GT

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
my honeycomb and shaker is starting to fade a little, is that going to work? Engine bay looks clean man!

Looks great

As for Wishing4Cobra try using Mothers "Back to Black" on your Honeycomb and Shaker it works great on bringing back the shine.

Last edited:

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
i want to do that to my eingine and i have a power washer but isn't there certain areas you shouldn't get wet? like the battery. the fuse box. the alternator?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
svtcobrar2004 said:
i want to do that to my eingine and i have a power washer but isn't there certain areas you shouldn't get wet? like the battery. the fuse box. the alternator?
The battery should be fine to get wet and the fuse box is covered. The alternator is located on the bottom of the engine anyway so it gets wet just hitting a puddle or driving in the rain. All should be OK for water. If engines were that sensitive to water then the OEM's would have the bottom of the engine bay sealed up.

With that being said, I would not use a power washer to handle the cleaning. It is not the same as a light rinse with a garden hose. That should be all that is really needed to keep things clean. If your engine is so bad that you need to pressure wash it to get the grime off then a clean engine is the least of your worries. Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread