Engine Failure

Dcrypter

Established Member
I've heard of EB's failing but I don't have any first hand knowledge. It doesn't seem like a common issue on these forums.

thehunterooo

Established Member
It's on the site that shall not be named. mustang6g.com

Yeah there are quite a few on the there. Seems to be more than that from what others have said on YouTube and such. No one on here though has posted anything, mostly GTs here but there are some EBs.

There are a couple more cars I would love to see blow up on there as cruel as that sounds, some of the ecoboost owners were so annoying when I was on there. Funny enough some of them that bashed the GT for a long time either traded in for a GT or have had their engine blow. Will be a good platform when the kinks are worked out but I'm glad the drama never found its way here.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The newby tuners on there don't like it when Livernois rubs their kabooming ways in their face.

superblur

Established Member
The newby tuners on there don't like it when Livernois rubs their kabooming ways in their face.

Yeah I dont understand the Livernois hate over there...? This was the first mustang forum I joined since before I could drive, but Livernois always seemed to be spoken of highly over here.

Dragonpassion

Established Member
Yes... blew my 2015 eco on her final tune. Sct tuner,, off road down piped, leathel performance intercooler upgrade kit with aliminum charge pipe etc, air aid cold air, 3 inch magnaflow street ex. Turbo smart blow off and turbo smart 10 psi waste.Out on her final dyno tune on a base run on the street, with my tuner ( that tuned my 2013 boss, whipple blown, etc to 730 hp and 659 ft trque, never has had a glitch, and i ride her HARD) and the rode let go and pit a nice size hole in her block, a massive oil spill down the road until she was brought to a stop. Put her all back to stock and ford came and inspected her. 50 days latter i had her back, new engine installed. Siad it was a faulty rod, small fracture. Ford (I LOVE FORD) replaced it with a factory line engine. Went at 12000 plus miles. Now has 19000, 7000 on new engine from ford.2000 break in, then restored to before stated modes, re tuned and has been fine. Conservitive tune at 319 hp and 359 torque at wheels. Torque was pulled out by tuner to come on a little father into rpms, about 3000. Other wise she just roasted her tires. And yes... sorry, she is a auto. My 13 boss is a stick. Sorry for any spelling mistakes. Replying from my SM-N920P using Xparent tiny key board, Cyan Tapatalk 2. Tried to attach pic

Last edited:

Dragonpassion

Established Member
Yes. Not a dime out of pocket except towing which my insurance covered.

from my SM-N920P using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
A few lucky ones sneak through or the dealer got Ford to do a goodwill.

saf1

Established Member
Yes! Way to go! Nice job defrauding FoMoCo. You should be proud... :thumbsup:

U.M.

Yeah, I tend to agree. So what, ecoboost owners are expecting to slap on boost without increasing the stability/durability of the rest of the engine components /rollseyes Not like you have the 2017 Raptor or GT motor. People need to stop taking short cuts or building blind...

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
The rods letting go appear to be a rare issue though it appears to be more prevalent with the 2015 motors. Most of the shops state about 500WHP is as far as they would go on a stock bottom end. I have a 16 with a larger turbo kit with nearly all the corresponding components and its been pretty reliable so far no issues noted, and that was with one freak lean condition with a failed WG vacuum line too. (Lost one plug)

However modding is tricky stuff on any motor so as long as you have the cash or a good shop to restore to factory and or replace the block yourself, its the ones who blindly go throwing parts at it expecting miracles that make the rest look bad, especially when they over rev the snot out of things =)

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I've been beta testing a custom tune(s) and some prototype parts for a few weeks now. Makes 320+ HP and nearly 400 ft lbs of torque in this dry heat. Still drives like stock, I'm not worried about anything letting go but at the same time I'm not a idiot either like that loudmouth wrxfan and floor it in 6th gear either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread