Engine Support Bars

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Has anyone used an aftermarket engine support bar on the 2011-2014?

I want to go ahead and braze the fittings for my oil return lines to the oil pan while I'm replacing the oil pump gears, so I need to drop the K-member.

I like the harbor freight bar as it should hold 1000lbs, but since the overpriced piece from Ford is 3-piece, I wonder if it has to be a three piece unit. If so, OEM brand and a few others have a 3-piece, but it is only rated for 700lbs.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I have the harbor freight one and it worked just fine. Used it when I dropped my K member for the longtube install and BMR K member install.

corepwn

Established Member
Have used the HF bar a few times, works fine. Only issue I can complain about at all is the paint chipping on the bar where the washer/hooks are as you lift against the motor.

Being able to raise and lower the engine is nice when doing headers, gives you more angles to get to different bolts.

Barker

Established Member
Where are you guys hooking the chains on the engine to support it? Front timing cover bolt holes?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I hooked up to the front of mine (removed bolt from both sides) with the engine support beam and made sure there was jack stands too underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread