• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

ESPN Sportcenter anchor goes on racist tirade about Trump

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by scott9050, Sep 13, 2017.

1. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Righty Established Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffh81 likes this.
  2. dannydarko11

dannydarko11 Yeah...no, I know Established Member

ESPN didn't defend Linda Cohn's opinion
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/20992...ele-hill-they-shouldnt-ben-shapiro#exit-modal

[​IMG]

3. 2KBlackGT

2KBlackGT The Man, Myth, The Legend Established Member

Have ya'll watched any other sports talk shows? Doesn't matter if its ESPN or FS1, they all talk politics now. I guess it's not ok since most of you think ESPN is left leaning lol. Clay Travis and Whitlock on FS1 is no better. I follow them all on social media and get a laugh from all of it.

Somebody explain what makes a person a POS? What immoral things have any of these people ya'll call that done? Oh that's right nothing, they just have a difference of opinion than you lol. Jemele probably could have gotten her point across in a better manner but oh well, she'll be alright and so will most of you.

4. 2KBlackGT

5. Screw-Rice

Screw-Rice Planter boned me, and I liked it Established Member

How do you mean most think they're left leaning? Have you not seen ANY of the hard leftist things the spout? There's a reason their ratings are tanking...and it's not white supremacy.

Alright, lets get some baselines going here. Let's see what parts of her tweets you're cool with.

1- Is Trump a white supremacist?
    2- Do you believe in white privilege?
    3- Is he the most ignorant president in your lifetime, and did he come into power as a direct result of racist?

People tune into sports as a get away, not to see a bunch of over paid babies complain about racism, or hear a bunch of mouth breathers regurgitate left leaning talk points.

battchief05 and PhoenixM3 like this.
  6. Kornilov

Kornilov Member Established Member

Lenin used to have a term for guys like you.

The reason their 'difference of opinion' matters is because they are on a cultural jihad to eradicate any though or speech that dissents from their hardcore leftist dogma.

A leftist cow can spew her BS at any time without any repercussions. But if any one of us went to work and voiced a conservative opinion such as marriage is between a man and a woman or that removing Confederate monuments is a stupid idea, we would immediately be disciplined or fired.

When you cant voice your opinion because of fear or retribution, you have effectively lost your freedom to speak.

7. 2KBlackGT

1. IDK. I mean, the guy was sued for discrimination so it's not out of the question. http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/49595...ed-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

2. Yes

3. Yes to the first part, no to the second part.

I agree we tune into sports to get away and I too wish they'd take ALL politics out of it, including the national anthem. I understand it's tradition now, however before the last couple of years when I would attend Razorback games there were lots, and I mean lots, of people in the stands that did not stand for the anthem and no one thought twice about it. Hell they're even televising the anthem for regular season games now, in the past the only time we would see the anthem was during championship/title games. Now we gotta see it every game in hopes to catch the next person sitting it out.

8. dannydarko11

Not gonna defend that guy or his "sources" lol. I'm just merely pointing out the hypocrisy. Linda was suspended for saying ESPN was "Too political." ESPN apologizes for what Jemele said. "Donald Trump is a white supremacist." Both statements are not being treated the same.
    [​IMG]

9. 2KBlackGT

What are you talking about? Off the top of my head I can name Will Cain, Jason Whitlock, and Clay Travis who have national sports shows and have conservative views. I'm sure I can name more if I thought on it.

10. 2KBlackGT

I wish we actually knew what she supposedly said.

11. Screw-Rice

Screw-Rice Planter boned me, and I liked it Established Member

1- If he's a racist, what about the Ellis award?
    http://www.snopes.com/trump-received-ellis-island-award-in-1986/

2- Are you serious? Please give me examples of white privilege we all experience. I am very interested as this, as I grew up single parent in the south side of Chicago, and was homeless. Please please please, tell me how I was privileged.

3- What thus far, what has made him more ignorant than say some of the things to come out of Obama's, Bush's, and Clinton's mouths? I should clarify, not just said, but done for clarity.

Including the national anthem? Oh god, this should be good, why should we lose the anthem? Let me guess, oppression...or no, systemic racism, that's the other excuse I've heard over and over.

12. dannydarko11

True. I agree

All reports are pointing to the fact she was criticizing ESPN for getting too close into politics. Next thing you know, she was suspended.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    2KBlackGT likes this.
  13. musclemustang20

musclemustang20 Member Established Member

Jamele Hill is a Black racist

14. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Premium Member

I've seen her stupid ramblings for years now as a beat writer for MSU at the Freep and then at ESPN. She basically called me a white supremacist. I'm not cool with that so **** her.

Honest question. If a white ESPN on-air personality, while Obama was in office, said that he was a black racist, that only surrounds himself with other black racists, and only rose to power because of other black racists, and was an unfit, bigoted, incompetent moron, would he have a job the next day?

You know the answer.

dannydarko11 and PhoenixM3 like this.
  15. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

That's where I sit with this. Her baseless blanket statements unfairly encompass a lot of people in this country. If 2/3 of Trump's administration were known racists and she said 2/3 of the people he surrounds himself with are racist.....eh, yeah, you have a point. Unfortunately for her there aren't any facts, statistics, or otherwise that back up her racism.

The left has leapt so far off the deep end it's no longer funny. People like this have real psychological problems IMO.

dannydarko11 likes this.
  16. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member

So you actually believe that networks are televising the anthem in the hopes of catching people sitting it out? Hmm, maybe, just maybe, the National Anthem is sung more, and being televised more, because patriotic people enjoy singing it, and singing it proudly. It sends out a positive message in a time when division is rampant. So I'm all for seeing it televised in more games because it reinforces patriotism. I could care less about who sits down. My focus is on those who proudly support the United States, its military, its police and its first responders. JMO.

gimmie11s likes this.
  17. Deceptive

Deceptive 50.2% durka durka Premium Member

I hate politics which my sports period. I look at sports to get away from the shit in the world. Now, my favorite ESPN personalities is Bomani Jones. Guy is fairly neutral with politics, I agree with him with some things and disagree with other views but find him to make good arguments when I disagree.

I have stopped watching almost every sports show due to being tired of politics regardless of slant. I do not ****ing care about athletes or sportscasters political or personal views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. HISSMAN

HISSMAN The Great Bearded One Staff Member Super Moderator

Apparently you do give two shits, or you wouldn't have taken the time to reply.

jeffh81 likes this.
  19. Blk04L

Blk04L SvT Addict Established Member

I typically don't mind when TV people go on Twitter/social media to talk politics. However, it shows the double standard at ESPN that depending on which way you side politically can give you more or no leeway to voice your opinion-even not through their airways.

I think she went a tad overboard, and it's funny ESPN just releases a statement while others get worse punishments

20. HISSMAN

HISSMAN The Great Bearded One Staff Member Super Moderator

If all white people are born racist, then you can't blame us for being supremacists.
    If all gay men are born that way, then you can can't blame them for taking it in the ass.

jeffh81 likes this.