Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 - 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ Video! (Pulley Swap)

mrfarmdog

Stripe and Graphics dude!
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution
We had Stiegemeier Port the blower, but there was zero gain from it! We dynod the car with the stock pulley and the ported blower and there was no gain in horsepower and it actually lost 9 FT-lbs of torque!

Zero to 2 HP ?

Stiegemeier

On your site you have a writeup on a similar condition with earlier cobras. Do you think a similar situation could be the case here as well? Did they as for assistance? You said they stated POWER gains. Did they tell you how much?

Here is the link.
http://www.stiegemeier.com/blower_bypass.html

Fourcam330

Established Member
Pretty sporty and it still doesn't have longtubes. I'm looking for corrected #s as well.
So to clarify, was the ported blower used for the dyno graph in this thread, or was a stock blower reinstalled?

dynobobstieg

Fourcam330 said:
Pretty sporty and it still doesn't have longtubes. I'm looking for corrected #s as well.
So to clarify, was the ported blower used for the dyno graph in this thread, or was a stock blower reinstalled?

On the video you can see our logo plate on the blower when the car was on the dyno.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
This was a Stage I port and Fred Told us it made POWER. Wow very conflicting reports.
I am NOT impressed with Evolutions business ethics.
Port and Pulley 60+ HP sounds about right from a 3.0 to a 2.6.
WTF? So it has a ported blower on it?
Why didn't Evolution disclose that with the mods list?
So it's ported, pullied, tuned with exhaust and intake.

Still nice numbers, but... :uh oh:
S.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Snorman said:
WTF? So it has a ported blower on it?
Why didn't Evolution disclose that with the mods list?
So it's ported, pullied, tuned with exhaust and intake.

Still nice numbers, but... :uh oh:
S.

Still has stock exh. manifolds fwiw.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Still has stock exh. manifolds fwiw.
That's cool, but for those of us thinking this car made 563rwhp with a pulley swap, intake and exhaust...it's a bit disappointing.
Obviously, these cars will progress, and it's very possible we'll see pulley-only cars putting down these numbers eventually. But I think not telling everybody that it's a ported blower is a bit deceptive.
And it also appears to have an aftermarket intercooler reservoir on it. So was that filled with ice on the dyno pull?
:shrug:
S.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
And BTW...I'm not stirring up crap, but I'd like to have a full list of what's done to this car, as it appears some mods aren't being listed.
S.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'm guessing here, but maybe they didn't list the ported blower as a mod since it didn't add any power with the stock pulley.

I think we would all agree though that with increased boost the ported blower helped those numbers.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
I'm guessing here, but maybe they didn't list the ported blower as a mod since it didn't add any power with the stock pulley.

I think we would all agree though that with increased boost the ported blower helped those numbers.
I agree, 2hp whoa look out! Oh well all the disbeleivers and haters will find anything they can to tear the car down. Nothing you can do.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
You'd need to take that up with Steggy. I think Bob would argue that a ported blower is worth power, stock pulley or not.
S.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Snorman said:
That's cool, but for those of us thinking this car made 563rwhp with a pulley swap, intake and exhaust...it's a bit disappointing.
Obviously, these cars will progress, and it's very possible we'll see pulley-only cars putting down these numbers eventually. But I think not telling everybody that it's a ported blower is a bit deceptive.
And it also appears to have an aftermarket intercooler reservoir on it. So was that filled with ice on the dyno pull?
S.

I hear you.

RepoMann

Established Member
I am a little dissapointed. The ported blower HAS to be worth more than 2 frickin HP. I agree that it is stupid that Evolution didn't mention this mod. It is huge. When I first saw those HP numbers, I assumed it was only with the bolt ons, and the Pulley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread