Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 - 563 RWHP and 562 RWTQ Video! (Pulley Swap)

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Snorman said:
Where do some of you goofballs come up with the idea that '03/'04 owners are jealous or insecure about the GT500?

Honestly, this is such a ridiculous comment that I regularly see in this forum I have to LMFAO everytime I see it. My '03 makes well over 600rwhp (even when it had stock cats on it) and I have no intention of dumping it for a GT500. But if the GT500 turned out to be an even better incarnation of the '03/'04 car, it might be an option. I'm all for the car to live up to the hype, but it's hard to figure out when bad info is being passed.
:shrug:
S.

Yeah, I wonder where all the Shelby owners are. I saw my first Shelby Tueday evening on I-85 heading south towards Atlanta. Two in fact. A red and a blue or black. The sun was about down and they were going in the opposite direction. They were on a flat bed with a 68 Camaro on the front. No doubt a car collector gobbled up couple. So much for the real Cobra fans. The one thing that sure stuck out from across the road was the Cobra on the fender. They looked huge form 40 yards.

I would stick with the big name shops for mods. I remember a shop that posted a lot of big talk a couple of years ago. I even fell for it and had a clutch installed there. Even before they touched my Cobra I knew this was a bad shop. They had two 03's sitting there that were blown. I know of at least six they tuned that blew. I didn't know about any of the Cobras when I went there for the clutch install. The owner really blasted a highly respectable shop about 70 miles away telling me how they couldn;t tune a car. Then I found out he had eight 03's notched on the rail of his dyno it all added up.

bartzmach1

Established Member
Im usually logged in as a guest on this site.
I don't post a lot as you can see to the left.
Im a fine of the 03-04's and the new shelby. It took me awhile to get used to the new bodystyle, but I like it now. Still like the new edge a little better, but I own a mach so im a little biased.

But I was very impressed with what people have done to the term and really hope the shelby shines as bright in the end. I have a feeling it will once all the fuss about the prices cool down.

Justin

stock02Z06

Banned
*moderator's edit*

Actually, that's not the subject matter here! :idea:

If you're going to troll, you'll be gone! Simple as that.

ac427cobra

04Sonic

Established Member
Why get the blower ported stage 1, if you are going to do it go all the way. Not disclosing all the mods on the car really destroys ones creditability.

Not Cool in my book, call it and say it the way it is. If the car has a ported blower, a ice box or even NOS who cares but give us the real facts. :(

Fourcam330

Established Member
04Sonic said:
Why get the blower ported stage 1, if you are going to do it go all the way. Not disclosing all the mods on the car really destroys ones creditability.

Not Cool in my book, call it and say it the way it is. If the car has a ported blower, a ice box or even NOS who cares but give us the real facts. :(

It's a progressive curve. Learning what stage I porting does will aid in more serious efforts later.

04Sonic

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
It's a progressive curve. Learning what stage I porting does will aid in more serious efforts later.

IMO it is a waste. Why go through stages, just go for the max power you can get from the stock blower and be done with it.

broeli

Established Member
Did they REALLY learn what good the stage 1 port was though? They should've done testing of pulley swap without the port and then pulley swap with the port. The gains with the additional boost will be greater than the gains would be with the stock pulley. Who gives a crap what the ported blower does with the STOCK pulley. I would think the natural progression of mods would be pulley swap..then port. Now we don't know how much hp was a result of the pulley swap and how much was a result of the port job.
I'm sure we'll know soon enough though as more Shelby owners start doing mods.

redline360

Established Member
After reading this thread again it really makes Evolution look bad.

What else is done to the car that we dont know about?

Still pretty impressive numbers

04Sonic

Established Member
It seems that people are fabricating things because the car is falling short of so many expected expectations. Oh well love my 2003 Terminator:-D

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
redline360 said:
After reading this thread again it really makes Evolution look bad.

What else is done to the car that we dont know about?

Still pretty impressive numbers

+1

Fourcam330

Established Member
04Sonic said:
IMO it is a waste. Why go through stages, just go for the max power you can get from the stock blower and be done with it.

That's the thing it's a new design. No one knows what will make power and what won't. What they learned doing the 03/04s may or may not directly translate to the new blowers.
Like it or not, making power is usually a trial and error type deal, even for the big names in the game.

Fourcam330

Established Member
broeli said:
Did they REALLY learn what good the stage 1 port was though? They should've done testing of pulley swap without the port and then pulley swap with the port. The gains with the additional boost will be greater than the gains would be with the stock pulley. Who gives a crap what the ported blower does with the STOCK pulley. I would think the natural progression of mods would be pulley swap..then port. Now we don't know how much hp was a result of the pulley swap and how much was a result of the port job.
I'm sure we'll know soon enough though as more Shelby owners start doing mods.

I agree with you. Then again it's not my/your time or $.

04Sonic

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
That's the thing it's a new design. No one knows what will make power and what won't. What they learned doing the 03/04s may or may not directly translate to the new blowers.
Like it or not, making power is usually a trial and error type deal, even for the big names in the game.

The more air and fuel you can get into a engine the more power it makes,are you saying that they needed to do a stage 1 first, then take the blower off 3 more times to finally get to a stage 4 to see if it works.

Fourcam330

Established Member
04Sonic said:
The more air and fuel you can get into a engine the more power it makes,are you saying that they needed to do a stage 1 first, then take the blower off 3 more times to finally get to a stage 4 to see if it works.

Do you have any experience porting anything that goes on a car? You realize that material removed from the wrong places can hurt power just as easily as material removed from the right places can add it?
An engine is a large air pump yes, but it's not as simple as you make it to add power. Making intake/exhaust ports too large can increase CFM but kill velocity, hogging intake runners will do the same, etc. etc.
Spend a little time around a company/shop that actually R&Ds their shit and you'll understand.

Last edited:

04Sonic

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Do you have any experience porting anything that goes on a car? You realize that material removed from the wrong places can hurt power just as easily as material removed from the right places can add it?
An engine is a large air pump yes, but it's not as simple as you make it to add power. Making intake/exhaust ports too large can increase CFM but kill velocity, hogging intake runners will do the same, etc. etc.
Spend a little time around a company/shop that actually R&Ds their shit and you'll understand.

That is pretty funny, anyway they claimed they picked up nothing. Maybe they should have went with more on the port job. Not here to split a hair with you and my personal experience speaks for itself, this is not about my daddy is bigger than yours. In any event, I am not impressed and think it sucks that a vendor has to hide the real facts. :(

Fourcam330

Established Member
04Sonic said:
That is pretty funny

Really, what part?

anyway they claimed they picked up nothing. Maybe they should have went with more on the port job. Not here to split a hair with you and my personal experience speaks for itself, this is not about my daddy is bigger than yours. In any event, I am not impressed and think it sucks that a vendor has to hide the real facts. :(

What's your daddy have to do with anything?
Obviously the port would be worth more power with the smaller pulley, however because of the way the tests were done, we can't yet tell.
I'm not here to bust your nuts either, but the fact is it takes time to figure new products out, that's all.
Even world class builders learn new things every day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread