Exhaust help

coremaster21

Established Member
Hey guys, I was wondering what the best way to make my exhaust louder would be. I am currently running stock headers, Bassani catted x, and Borla Stingers. I wanted to go with a Bassani off-road x pipe but to my knowledge I would have to re-tune the car which I am really not trying to do. So I was thinking Borla ataks, would that be the better and cheaper alternative to get the car louder? Or could you just run the x-pipe without a tune? What would you guys recommend? Thanks!

VENOMCOBRA03

Established Member
I'm in the same boat.. I want to put an off road exhaust and catback without having to tune the car.. I'm not sure but I think a MIL Eliminator will resolve our problem... I'm awaiting answers as well =(

Bfazona

Established Member
I ran an off-road x-pipe on my car with MIL eliminators for a while prior to putting on my ARH longtubes. This was with Stingers out back and it definitely made the car louder. I did not get a check engine light with setup, nor did I tune it. The car smelled a bit rich, but I knew it was only a temporary setup until I completed my build. You will be surprised how much sound you gain with the off-road pipe.

Roc

Hey Guys,
Installing a Vortech on my 2013 GT M6 next week, I presently have a Borla S Axel Back as my only exhaust mod. Any problems leaving my exhaust as is, I know I can go the full exhaust route or cat deletes etc.. but I don't really want my ride any louder than it is. Any input would be appreciated..
And I do have a good local tuner...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Hey Guys,
Installing a Vortech on my 2013 GT M6 next week, I presently have a Borla S Axel Back as my only exhaust mod. Any problems leaving my exhaust as is, I know I can go the full exhaust route or cat deletes etc.. but I don't really want my ride any louder than it is. Any input would be appreciated..
And I do have a good local tuner...

The stock cats seem to hold up on those cars. It's the aftermarket cats that have the issues. I think the other issue is the tuners turn off the cat protection strategy. That should be left on.

Users who are viewing this thread