Extremely annoying brake squeaking/turning issue

evanjp

Established Member
So. Have had my drivers side rear brake squeaking for a couple years intermittently and recently decided to figure out what's wrong. Started developing a TON of brake dust only on that wheel, more than two front wheels. originally thought it was my parking brake sticking, so swapped that cable out and thought it was driving better. Few days later squeaking came back. Bought two new calipers from ford, not refurbs, and got better for a week. Drove better, brakes better, felt so different and just... right. Week later, squeaking is back. After new calipers. I have no idea WTF is wrong. Squeaking occurs when turning right, be it at a light or stop sign, or if a highway or road has a veering right turn. Sometimes a light right turn will do it. Sometimes it squeaks when driving straight. Not always. The car actually brakes a little on that wheel when making the right turns. I can park on an incline, turn wheel all the way right and the car will slow down and stop. If I turn it left all the way it will roll fine. So that brake is braking when turning hard right or turning right at all slightly. Harder the turn, the more it brakes.

Anyone have an idea? Trying to do this myself so I don't have to bring it in. Car is my DD. Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread