Factory oil question.

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
Bought a new 2015 GT last year. I have 500 miles on the odometer! First oil change I would do at 3000 mi normally, However since I have low miles, and it's been 8 months since I purchased it would you change it sooner? I will be putting in full syn. Anyone know what the factory puts in?

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
Change it. Better to be safe then sorry. Ford recommends 6 month intervals. You don't have much use out of it but it is better to be safe then sorry and changing to a Full Synthetic will always have it's benefits.

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
thanks I think its a good idea to change even with low miles. First oil change especially.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Even if it's semi synthetic, oil manufacturers usually keep the ratio at 80% conventional and 20% synthetic for a price almost as expensive as 100% synthetic. If you want the real thing, buy amsoil signature series. And the best filters are amsoil and royal purple.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
The factory will use 8 quarts Motorcraft 5W-20. I am going to guess it is there semi-synthetic blend. If you are looking for a reasonably priced true synthetic I would recommend AMSOIL. Most if not all synthetics you find in the retail stores are not a true synthetic. There base stock oil is petroleum based. As little you have been driving the car the AMSOIL Signature Series Oil will give you the most protection because of the robust additives package as well as allow you to use it for up to 25,000 miles or one year. Like you I put very few miles on my GT500 a year and I use AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-50 which allows me to only have to change my oil once a year. The other thing to consider is using a good filter. If you are going to use a good oil then use a good filter. AMSOIL EAO filters have a synthetic media that filters much better (98.7% efficiency at 20 microns)than the standard filter material. They are also designed for use of 15,000 or 25,000 miles depending on the application. I use AMSOIL oils and filters in all my vehicles and will never use anything else. You can save 25% off the retail prices by becoming a preferred customer for $20 a year. Below are the links for the oil and filters for your 2015 GT.

Oil: http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...ynthetic-motor-oil/?code=ALMQT-EA/?zo=5251070

Filter: http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...oil-ea-oil-filters/?code=EAO17-EA/?zo=5251070

Users who are viewing this thread