Fair Price?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I was in a crash over the weekend and it looks like my car is a total loss. I've found an exact replacement 2014 Ruby Red 1038 miles w/ all options minus the glass roof. What do you guys feel would be a fair price? * car cover + 3 piece splitter still in box

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you're ok and sad to hear we have lost another 13/14 GT500. I paid 57k for my silver 14 GT500 with 1,200 miles on it and it had the glass roof. I'm paying 55k for my new 14 GT500 that has 6,100 miles on it. With that mileage I would say 50 to 52k is about right.

Did the super snake wheels get destroyed?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you're ok and sad to hear we have lost another 13/14 GT500. I paid 57k for my silver 14 GT500 with 1,200 miles on it and it had the glass roof. I'm paying 55k for my new 14 GT500 that has 6,100 miles on it. With that mileage I would say 50 to 52k is about right.

Did the super snake wheels get destroyed?
Thankfully I walked away uninjured, it could be have been very bad had there not been 100ft of scrub brush to slow me down before I hit a cement pole sideways. The passenger side took the impact so the wheels and engine parts may be able to be swapped to the new one.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thankfully I walked away uninjured, it could be have been very bad had there not been 100ft of scrub brush to slow me down before I hit a cement pole sideways. The passenger side took the impact so the wheels and engine parts may be able to be swapped to the new one.
I will say after getting rear end at 50mph by a 2500hd truck and I walked away i realized how safe the GT500s are. Hopefully you can save the wheels, the super snake wheels are amazing. Glade to hear you're ok.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I was in a crash over the weekend and it looks like my car is a total loss. I've found an exact replacement 2014 Ruby Red 1038 miles w/ all options minus the glass roof. What do you guys feel would be a fair price? * car cover + 3 piece splitter still in box

Glad your ok. That definitely sucks. The 2014 sounds nice Ruby Red and only 1k on it? I’d say PPV $52k - $55k. Fairly rare w options, color, and mileage. If you like it I wouldn’t let a couple grand keep you from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Dealership has the car listed for $49k and change. I have a deposit on the car but insurance is dragging their feet to give me a final decision, and now the dealership is getting antsy.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Dealership has the car listed for $49k and change. I have a deposit on the car but insurance is dragging their feet to give me a final decision, and now the dealership is getting antsy.

sounds like a great deal pending the shape of the vehicle---if it's in good shape then i'd go for it. sorry to hear your story but hopefully this will help alleviate the sting!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
So a quick update, insurance informed me today that preliminary estimates based on pictures alone have damages @ $21,000 which is not enough to total it. So now they're going to send an appraiser to physically inspect the car. When asked what the repairs needed to be @ to total it I was told FL has no % threshold, so essentially whatever is cheapest for the Ins company. So now I may miss out on this low mileage replacement and worst case be stuck with a car that will never be the same

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Back in 2008 a buddy of mine wrecked a virtually brand new '07 hitting 2nd gear on a hard shift on street tires. He paid premium price and I doubt the car had more than 1200 miles at the time of the wreck. The car hooked left and went airborne over a berm sideways into a tree. Repair estimates in '08 were 21-22K . It's all black with titanium ghost stripe. Months later the car emerged from the shop looking phenomenal. That incident 10 years ago he's added many mods including MT's+ various levels of HP upgrades(TVS/U/L Pullies/CAI/TB/plenum/headers/suspension) making 680+rwhp thru 410 gears. The car still looks pristine , handles great, runs very strong and pulls dead straight. He too hoped they'd total the car. Remarkably the Carfax maintains only record of a rear side collision but that really doesn't matter as he has no intention to ever sell the car. Hopefully this helps you keep the faith Bud.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Back in 2008 a buddy of mine wrecked a virtually brand new '07 hitting 2nd gear on a hard shift on street tires. He paid premium price and I doubt the car had more than 1200 miles at the time of the wreck. The car hooked left and went airborne over a berm sideways into a tree. Repair estimates in '08 were 21-22K . It's all black with titanium ghost stripe. Months later the car emerged from the shop looking phenomenal. That incident 10 years ago he's added many mods including MT's+ various levels of HP upgrades(TVS/U/L Pullies/CAI/TB/plenum/headers/suspension) making 680+rwhp thru 410 gears. The car still looks pristine , handles great, runs very strong and pulls dead straight. He too hoped they'd total the car. Remarkably the Carfax maintains only record of a rear side collision but that really doesn't matter as he has no intention to ever sell the car. Hopefully this helps you keep the faith Bud.
I've been trying to look @ it in this manner, I love my car and have done a good deal in aftermarket upgrades. I don't doubt my body shop guy could get this thing looking showroom quality, believe me I've seen him work miracles in particular on a 05 Ford GT he had @ his shop. My only concern is the long term mechanical aspect as I still have a decent size loan on the car and know I would get raped on trade in. I just don't want to be stuck with a car that could become a nightmare down the road.

Kapy

Established Member
So a quick update, insurance informed me today that preliminary estimates based on pictures alone have damages @ $21,000 which is not enough to total it. So now they're going to send an appraiser to physically inspect the car. When asked what the repairs needed to be @ to total it I was told FL has no % threshold, so essentially whatever is cheapest for the Ins company. So now I may miss out on this low mileage replacement and worst case be stuck with a car that will never be the same

I would seriously question that estimate and make sure they are talking about utilizing nothing but OEM replacement and not LKQ or any other aftermarket parts. This car demands the respect to be put back together with nothing but OEM parts period. You as a owner have the right with your insurance company to demand that as well. Then tell them to run the estimate again. I bet it will be a totally different story after that.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Man this sucks to hear, glad you weren't injured tho.
Are the fender/door gaps spread on the opposite side of the car? Trying to visualize the extent of the damage.
Again, glad to hear you walked away.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Make sure u request decrease in value compensation cause a car with $21k damage is gonna be nearly impossible to sell ever without being raped!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Make sure u request decrease in value compensation cause a car with $21k damage is gonna be nearly impossible to sell ever without being raped!
That's my biggest concern is selling or trade in value, because I still owe a good amount on the car and know it will be next to impossible to trade it in or sell without getting raped.

Kapy

Established Member
That's my biggest concern is selling or trade in value, because I still owe a good amount on the car and know it will be next to impossible to trade it in or sell without getting raped.
I just had hail damage repaired on the better half’s car all PDR no paintwork or sheetmetal whatsoever. This now shows up on the car fax and we get questioned on it every time somebody calls about the car. It really sucks because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, but everyone assumes it was in an accident. So to the OP definitely try to get out of this one. You will lose big time even if they repair.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

$500 to have a lawyer draft up a nasty letter may be well worth it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
When my 2014 GT500 got hit it started off at 32k in damaged, but after it was looked over it jumped to almost 40k. They said below 30k they might have fixed it. Not going to lie, I would have never taken my car back after it got hit like it did. Good luck man. Make sure you get compensation for deprecated value.

Users who are viewing this thread