Fair Price?

merkyworks

Established Member
OP glad your okay and hope is all works out the way you want it to.

A friend of mine got hit recently, it was a major front passenger side impact. He was having similar issues with the insurance company not wanting to total the car and the estimated repairs were easily over half the valve of the car. Got me think, I wonder if all the insurance companies had to write off so many cars in 2017 due to all the crazy weather and natural disasters and they took a big hit. So now in 2018 there's a new criteria for writing cars off and the $$ threshold has been raised.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
OP glad your okay and hope is all works out the way you want it to.

A friend of mine got hit recently, it was a major front passenger side impact. He was having similar issues with the insurance company not wanting to total the car and the estimated repairs were easily over half the valve of the car. Got me think, I wonder if all the insurance companies had to write off so many cars in 2017 due to all the crazy weather and natural disasters and they took a big hit. So now in 2018 there's a new criteria for writing cars off and the $$ threshold has been raised.

I know each state is different for the thresholds. I was told it's 90% here in FL, in some states it's 100% which is ****ing crazy. My shop was very surprised they wouldn't total given the amount to repair it.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
20180524_110615_zpsjjdpypcd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Damn, it's going to be another 6 months before it's all finished. Are you doing the super snake hood?
Yeah going with the SS hood, splitter and stripes. I'm trying to get an adjuster to come reevaluate the claim and total cause this is taking way too long

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah going with the SS hood, splitter and stripes. I'm trying to get an adjuster to come reevaluate the claim and total cause this is taking way too long
Yeah it sucks dealing with insurance companies. The car should look awesome when it's all done

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I was @ a point where I was starting to accept that the car was being repaired and not totaled, I was even a little excited w/ adding the SS hood and striping until I saw it the other day and got to speak w/ my body guy. I didn't even recognize the car when I initially walked up and looked in the repair bay.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I was @ a point where I was starting to accept that the car was being repaired and not totaled, I was even a little excited w/ adding the SS hood and striping until I saw it the other day and got to speak w/ my body guy. I didn't even recognize the car when I initially walked up and looked in the repair bay.
The repairs still at $35K estimate? Good possibility once mechanical and alignment starts the repairs continue.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Car aligns now. What did your body guy say that got you down the other day?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The repairs still at $35K estimate? Good possibility once mechanical and alignment starts the repairs continue.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Car aligns now. What did your body guy say that got you down the other day?

Not sure where we are @ as far as repairs go. The shop was already cut a check for $30k, they paid $4,800 for my rims, approved another $1300 for my exhaust and another $3k for stripes, and that doesn't include the supplement coming from the body shop + repairs when it goes to the mechanic. What got me down was when I was talking to my body guy he mentioned that the rear of the car was tweaked way more then he initially thought, that along w/ the fact that the car was supposed to have been done and was still a good ways out.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Not sure where we are @ as far as repairs go. The shop was already cut a check for $30k, they paid $4,800 for my rims, approved another $1300 for my exhaust and another $3k for stripes, and that doesn't include the supplement coming from the body shop + repairs when it goes to the mechanic. What got me down was when I was talking to my body guy he mentioned that the rear of the car was tweaked way more then he initially thought, that along w/ the fact that the car was supposed to have been done and was still a good ways out.
Dang man. Thats not good news for the rear end. I would still push fir the Ins company to total it. You are close to $40K in damages if my math is correct.

Thats just stupid on the Insurance company part, not sure why they are so stubborn.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Dang man. Thats not good news for the rear end. I would still push fir the Ins company to total it. You are close to $40K in damages if my math is correct.

Thats just stupid on the Insurance company part, not sure why they are so stubborn.

Yeah I've got an adjuster going to the shop tmrw. After speaking with the shop it sounded like a large supplement is forthcoming, so hopefully that is made clear to my ins tmrw and they pull the plug. What's even crazier is that we don't know if the car will even run @ this point because it hasn't been to a mechanic yet.

MG0h3

Established Member
Geez what a mess. After the guy has done all that work.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread