Fall 2017 GT500 supercharged voodoo, 10 speed auto and....

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I can't read this whole thread or the other one because it gives me the brain pain. I'll just say that virtually everything being argued about these last few pages has no basis in reality, nor did it ever.

There are some people in here being gaslit by low-level employees, who are then in turn wasting everyone's time repeating it.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
I don't know DBK personally, but I've been lurking on here for a very very long time. I've yet to see him be wrong when it comes to this type of stuff. If he hints that something is NOT happening, that's good enough for me.

I just hope Ford releases something soon, i'm itching to get back into another Shelby after selling my 12 GT500 and the future GT500 is the only thing keeping me from getting into a 17 GT350 right now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I've gotten all my info directly from an engineer of the vehicle...guess he will have some explaining to do if he's wrong.

Well,

You have today to share your announcement (June remember?) or no one is going I believe anything you've said.

Truthfully, I'm hoping you know what you're talking about... BUT

Hope in one hand......

DepWraith

Established Member
I was told May 29th to expect an announcement in 4 to 6 weeks ( I already posted this to clarify). I haven't spoken to him since then, so unless something has changed with Ford, I fully expect it soon. As we all know, it's a very fluid industry and things change right up until the production line starts rolling.

I too have been lurking on here for a long time and agree that DBK is usually right and I have no reason not to believe him...but he hasn't given any specific info at all, just said "virtually everything" has no basis. I also have zero reason not to believe a engineer friend who is working on the car. So, unless proven otherwise, I have to go with someone I know has facts and has provided them.

Believe me, I will be just as disappointed as everyone else if my info is wrong as I'm holding off on some stuff based on the info I was given and will have hated to wasted time.

Don't shoot the messenger.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
First off things get scheduled and pulled all the time. This is nothing new and will happen in the future.
I'm assuming Ford Performance worked from summer 2012(after release of the 13 GT500) till sept 2015 on their new GT350.
I'm assuming Ford Performance has been working on the new GT500 since Fall 2015.
Which means it's still less than 2 years in the design and engineering phase.

Even after the announcement of the GT350/R in Nov of 2014 it was still 10 months before it hit dealer lots.

Lastly it was so my fault for bringing pill back to this site for the mere and correct statement that Ford Performance designed engineered and built the GT350.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Still hoping Ford TTs a coyote and shoves it in a mustang. Even though they put a v6 in the GT.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I've been waiting for the gt500 for quite some time. Im hoping - in spite of a supercharger- that it is balanced and well cooled. I'm sure it will have enough HP that can't be used on the street anyway.. would have preferred turbos or DOHC large displacement for their respectable pros, but sounds like it ain't gonna happen...as much as I wanna believe it will. Reality check.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Since we know it's gonna be the 5.2 CPC with a 2.65L SC, maybe we should start talking about the other stuff like transmission, carbon bits to save weight etc.

conceptmachine

Established Member
From above, last few pages talk about turbos and large displacement NA. If those pages are BS then those leading up to it must be true which is a 5.2 SC. I've heard guys in the know say it's gonna be that too, I'm confident it's going to be.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
From above, last few pages talk about turbos and large displacement NA. If those pages are BS then those leading up to it must be true which is a 5.2 SC. I've heard guys in the know say it's gonna be that too, I'm confident it's going to be.

Touching on that a bit, Ford say they will never put the Voodoo motor in any car but the GT350, but they didn't say they would never put a 5.2 in any other car.

I would not be shocked if a 5.2L CP with a 2.8L twin screw was the finished product.

Fourcam380

Established Member
Simple fact is at least some of the hardware from a PD anything will work in additional applications and amortize cost. With twins much less of the hardware translates into other vehicles. I doubt they thought much more about it.

sono

Established Member
I'm in agreement that we are past motor at this point. It sounds underwhelming either way they go. Unless they quad turbo or some other unique flavor, it's all about wheel spin. The transmission and or all wheel drive are where its at. The ability to select awd or 2wd is the future.

Just my 2 coins!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

So no one. Just what you feel. We have two threads in both of the Depwraith has said his contact, an engineer working on the gt500, stated their have been two power plants. A blower and twin turbo. Since the announcement of the Demon Ford is focusing on the twin turbo.

Besides all the garbage pill has spewed this seems credible.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Simple fact is at least some of the hardware from a PD anything will work in additional applications and amortize cost. With twins much less of the hardware translates into other vehicles. I doubt they thought much more about it.
Twins or the knowledge of making twins work will not carry over to future eco motors?

Fourcam380

Established Member
Twins or the knowledge of making twins work will not carry over to future eco motors?

All that matters is that far more PD blower hardware than TT hardware will also work in a F150, etc.

Software is a non factor. That's easy enough for an oem.

Users who are viewing this thread