Fastest Stock Bottom End 5.3 LS In The World Goes 7.81

cam346

Established Member
no fpc here Another of the secrets to the 5.3’s success is how high Jon spins it. The engine regularly sees speeds above 8,000 rpm. Yes, you read that right. 8,000 rpm on stock pistons, rings, rods, rod bolts, bearings and gaskets. All of this on a hydraulic roller setup with LS7 lifters no less. Even the rockers are stock, albeit with Brian Tooley Racing trunnion upgrades. To say that we were shocked to find out how quickly it was turning without coming apart would be an understatement.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I just don't get how this is possible. Maybe he has ET tech somewhere in this setup. I have a Chevy 5.3 in my truck if I add a blower it's probably blown in 1000 miles with my luck.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
LS on a Ford?? Doesn't count in my opinion. Enough of this blasphemy, keep LS' on chevy only.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I have my doubts about the bottom end being as "stock" as they say but dang.. LS FTW..

Rambro

Established Member
That motor ISN'T an untouched shortblock, yeah it has oem internals BUT it has been disassembled.

I don't believe it for a second either. There's a local dude around here who is always claiming "sbe" 6.0 but he pulls the motor every month to replace Pistons, rings, bearings ect. He even admitted that after 4K miles of abuse the motor is worn out.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Aren't the 5.3's cheap as hell? I'm thinking of using an LS for a project car but most people go with the LS3's. This seems like a pretty bad ass alternative.

pierce88

Established Member
Aren't the 5.3's cheap as hell? I'm thinking of using an LS for a project car but most people go with the LS3's. This seems like a pretty bad ass alternative.

Iron Block 4.8,5.3,6.0 is what you want for Turbo LS. My co-worker is building a Turbo LS 1980 Fairmont (Same Chasis as Foxbody but 4-Door) and I've learned a fair amount about these setups over the last couple months.

-Pierce

jleews6

Established Member
I have a few friends that run SBE LS motors and until I saw it first hand many times it was hard for me to believe it to.

isonews

Established Member
The big draw for the turbo LS craze is that you can make :

550RWHP on 4.8/5.3/6.0L Gen III 99-2003 $300 stock chevy LS truck motor with a cam, valve springs, & $400 single chinese turbo

800-1000 RWHP on 4.8/5.3/6.0L Gen IV 2004-2006 $300 stock chevy LS truck motor with a cam, valve springs, & $400 single chinese turbo.

There is a self taught tuner in PA (Matt Happell of Sloppy Mechanics), he gives out all his HPTuners tunes & combinations for free. his whole forte is how to make hotrodding economical and cheap.

https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Way to many people claiming stock 5.3 so I ignore it all its just like anything else out there, always someone else with a faster or more power even if you can't find it as some people actually like keeping stuff like that a secret. Fastest documented on video maybe but there's always a bigger fish. Last time I saw claims like this it ended up the people got a stock spec rotating assembly, threw new bearings in and cleaned up the block and called it "stock" bottom end so that kinda sh*t doesn't even really mean anything anymore because you can't exactly drop the pan and scope the fu*king thing so claims are claims.

Users who are viewing this thread