Felony eluding vs misdemenor eluding

S8ER01Z

Established Member
So if the fleeing person did not commit a felony, you will risk the lives of other innocent civilians to try and catch them? I am not saying you are the bad guy, just saying that the risk of killing other people skyrocket during a chase. Is it really worth the risk of having a fatal crash to apprehend somebody who is evading a speeding ticket?

Honestly all he has to do is head in the direction the guy runs and wait until he either pulls up on the wreck or gets a 10-50 dispatch.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
So if the fleeing person did not commit a felony, you will risk the lives of other innocent civilians to try and catch them? I am not saying you are the bad guy, just saying that the risk of killing other people skyrocket during a chase. Is it really worth the risk of having a fatal crash to apprehend somebody who is evading a speeding ticket?

Dumbasses don't elude because they are upstanding, law abiding citizens. You stick to your job, I'll stick to mine.

You attempt to elude, I will pursue you.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member

Dude, you really need to stay off "the moon". It's a risk every time I go to work, that's part of it. Its a risk going in pursuit of a vehicle for speeding offense because dumbasses don't look in their mirrors to see me coming or try to change lanes in front of me at 100+.
An officer evaluates the situation at hand every second. It's the other motorists who don't pay attention!
As mentioned above, if you flee I'm coming for you!

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
Dude, you really need to stay off "the moon". It's a risk every time I go to work, that's part of it. Its a risk going in pursuit of a vehicle for speeding offense because dumbasses don't look in their mirrors to see me coming or try to change lanes in front of me at 100+.
An officer evaluates the situation at hand every second. It's the other motorists who don't pay attention!

Pound it brother........pop, BOOM! :beer:

silver03svt

Established Member
x2624312635 :beer:

"I'm sorry officer. I only ran because I have never had a ticket in my life, much less ever been pulled over before. I know I was doing 1 over the limit and that I didn't let my blinker flash more than 8 times before I changed lanes. I only ran because I was scared. You see sir, my insurance was awful expensive and I had to reduce my triple limits on my vehicles down to only double limits and that's why I thought you were trying to pull me over."

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
What is the difference and what would a motorcyclist who runs from the cops in excess of 150 mph look at for charges I'm just wondering.

In Ohio, if you run from a sheriff at 160 mph, on a bike, in the country, at night, get away, but your buddy tells them who you are, you go to prison for a year (up to 5). Ask me how I know.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
In Ohio, if you run from a sheriff at 160 mph, on a bike, in the country, at night, get away, but your buddy tells them who you are, you go to prison for a year (up to 5). Ask me how I know.

I thought what made this country so great was the ability to prove guilt in court of law with hard evidence. Word of mouth, is by far not hard evidence. So someone went to jail by someone elses word?

By this logic, Casey Anthony should be in Jail for a long time becuase a lot of people would be glad to tell deputies that she killed her daughter without hard evidence.

Glad to know you both will pursue and risk the lives of innocent motorists to chase some guy wanting to evade a speeding ticket. Congrats.

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
Damn liberals....

If you run I will pursue until my supervisor calls me off or I determine the risk to outweigh the violation. Furthermore, we are never alone. Radios, surrounding departments, etc... 99/100 are caught with zero incidents involving any member of the public.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

How do you know? :poke:

I thought what made this country so great was the ability to prove guilt in court of law with hard evidence. Word of mouth, is by far not hard evidence. So someone went to jail by someone elses word?

By this logic, Casey Anthony should be in Jail for a long time becuase a lot of people would be glad to tell deputies that she killed her daughter without hard evidence.

Glad to know you both will pursue and risk the lives of innocent motorists to chase some guy wanting to evade a speeding ticket. Congrats.

:rollseyes

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

Darwin just rolled over in his grave.

Silver03Termi

Established Member

It's not called "word of mouth" if they witnessed you do it. Its called "witness testimony".

How do you know? :poke:
You cant question me without reading me my rights. 1,2,3,4 FIIIIIIF!!

Silver03Termi

Established Member

youd lose

x2624312635 :beer:

you too

wasting your time with this one...

Damn liberals....

If you run I will pursue until my supervisor calls me off or I determine the risk to outweigh the violation. Furthermore, we are never alone. Radios, surrounding departments, etc... 99/100 are caught with zero incidents involving any member of the public.

Are you a state trooper? You sound like a state trooper.
I am your 1%. I had a WILD youth. I've likely been in more high speed chases than the the cops in this thread, combined.

Last edited:

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
youd lose

you too

wasting your time with this one...

Are you a state trooper? You sound like a state trooper.
I am your 1%. I had a WILD youth. I've likely been in more high speed chases than the the cops in this thread, combined.

well congrats on hopefully growing out of your juvenile bull****, and yes you prolly would outrun me. Hopefully you can outrun the grim reaper as well as the ambulance ill call to come scrape you off the pavement from being stupid. :beer:

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member

well when you can tell us how to know just by looking at a car refusing to stop whether or not they are a violent offender that just raped or robbed a family member of yours, or some dipshit that just doesnt want a ticket let me know. Id really appreciate it, my job would become much easier.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
well congrats on hopefully growing out of your juvenile bull****, and yes you prolly would outrun me. Hopefully you can outrun the grim reaper as well as the ambulance ill call to come scrape you off the pavement from being stupid. :beer:

It's funny you think it was lack if intelligence that was the source of my shenanigans. At the same time ironic coming from someone in a profession (I use that term loosely) that doesn't require a college degree. It was actually a desire to prove I was smarter and capable of out witting the police and their fancy radios. It was a challenge, and not much of one. Label it what you will, superiority complex, arrogance, or stupidity. At the end of the night I was responsible for deflating the egos of many law officers. Abandoning that behavior wasn't a function of time as you were hoping for. The catalyst to change that behavior came to me after realizing I had been selling myself short. It became clear to me that I was smarter than most of those around me, and not by a small margin. I started focusing on a career, and then college. I quit hanging around the people that typically were prone to harboring a situation that would garner the attention of the cops. I no longer have to run from the cops to prove I'm capable of out smarting someone, that's not even a challenge worth wasting my energy on. Now, if I want to have a war if wits with an officer, I simply pull over and talk my way out of a ticket.

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
well when you can tell us how to know just by looking at a car refusing to stop whether or not they are a violent offender that just raped or robbed a family member of yours, or some dipshit that just doesnt want a ticket let me know. Id really appreciate it, my job would become much easier.

Profiling is standard operating procedure that is taught extensively at cop college, right?

Users who are viewing this thread