Felony eluding vs misdemenor eluding

blackvette101

Established Member
Damn liberals....

If you run I will pursue until my supervisor calls me off or I determine the risk to outweigh the violation. Furthermore, we are never alone. Radios, surrounding departments, etc... 99/100 are caught with zero incidents involving any member of the public.

really 99%? they must have slow cars there. Because from what I have seen and what a few of my LEO buddys have told me its almost the exact opposite. I mean the vic traps at what like 88 MPH without your gear and the average response time where i live is 14 min. Most chases are over in 30 seconds. And i've been in the passenger on both sides of a chase.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
99% is extremely high. Basically everyone that runs is caught. I know in VA that is nowhere near true at all. I don't condone running from the cops at all. Puts innocent people at risk that had nothing to do with the wreckless behavior. A guy I know stopped for police on Jefferson doing 111 in a 45. Received 1 year suspension and 3K in fines and driving classes that he had to pay, not to mention insurance increases.

Only problem I have with chases are when police just don't back off when it gets to dangerous. My thinking is sort of screwed up I guess. Here is an incident that I witnessed about 4 to 5 years ago. In a wendy's parking lot around 4-5 pm. It's crowded and traffic is heavy. Sitting on the back of the thunderchicken eating my nuggets when a bike goes through the parking lot pretty fast.

He was a real idiot and almost lost it plus hit a few people. Heads out the parking lot and down the sidewalk trying to get back on the main road. Next all you hear is screeching tires and a crown vic sliding through the parking lot blowing the horn. Almost hit a kid walking across the parking lot barely missing a car coming out of the drive through. State Trooper totally out of control.

He exits the parking lot into traffic which is backed up and trying to get through. The bike has crossed the median and headed back the other way, State trooper is stuck now in traffic and can't even pursue anymore. I don't know what the biker did or was being chased for. Innocent people were almost injured because this guy took the chance of going through a parking lot wide open.

I just believe psychological evaluations or some sort of chase simuator shoud be done to evaluate the thinking capacity of some officers. If he breaks the law and you stop him great. Chase begins and it starts to get to dangerous then it should end. I know it's at an officers discretion but some can not pull back when the adrenline gets to going and they feel they are not being taken seriously and have to prove a point.

About 5 - 7 years ago there were so many motorcycle chases it was getting totally out of control. The wrecks, endangering lives, and even deaths were uncalled for. Granted they broke the law but is it worth risking the public for a speeding ticket or no tag. My hats off to the guy that basically brought it all down to a halt safely. Used his head.

Basically came out to the spot in his unmarked car and parked down the block. Started taking pictures of the bikes, people on them, tag numbers, and making his own personal notes. Did this for a few months. He was a state trooper with a plan. After about 3 months went by when chases happened and cops had an accurate description he would look through his portfolio he created and be at the guys house before he got there. Once the bike pulled up he would throw the lights on and start the questioning. Meanwhile the other cops would pull up to identify the guy.

Slowed down a lot of the running and quite a few people were caught. I give credit for his approach and it took a lot of risks away from the public. I sit in the middle of chases. Violent offender then do your thang. Just a guy that has a minor infraction and you find yourself running 60mph in a residential area, speeding through parking lots, over 100 mph in and out of cars on the highway. Let it go, there will be another day.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Silvertermi, nothing wrong with feeling superior because you have better equipment for the task. Doesn't make you better or smarter you just have superior equipment. Might even have the mindset and great decision making ability while on the run. It is never the biker's fault 75% of the time. You can never predict what is going to happen around you. It is impossible to predict what others will do.

A lot of guys ride above their capabilities and others blame the car that made an illegal lane chage. The driver that pulls out in front of them because they didn't know the bike was traveling 100 in a 35 trying to get away. Not to mention the new rookie that is trying to make a name for hisself and just happens to hear the chase over the radio and 3 miles up the road from you with time to block the highway.

My father use to always say when your doing wrong, nothing good can come from it. Yeah you can get a bike and outperform a car around town. Only thing the cop has going for him is the radio and all he has to do is pursue. You have to make the path for them to follow. I say good luck in your future endeavors but when you do get caught you can best believe you'll have plenty of time to really space your margin of intelluct from others

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
youd lose
you too
wasting your time with this one...
Are you a state trooper? You sound like a state trooper.
I am your 1%. I had a WILD youth. I've likely been in more high speed chases than the the cops in this thread, combined.

you have the word "termi" as part of your screen name. very unmanly. no one will believe you or be worried about anything you claim.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
isn't the internet fun? you can spout all kind of bullshit that you cant prove and no one will call you on it just because you can't prove any of it. of course there is that whole "termi" thing that leads to a total lack of credibility to deal with

It's funny you think it was lack if intelligence that was the source of my shenanigans. At the same time ironic coming from someone in a profession (I use that term loosely) that doesn't require a college degree. It was actually a desire to prove I was smarter and capable of out witting the police and their fancy radios. It was a challenge, and not much of one. Label it what you will, superiority complex, arrogance, or stupidity. At the end of the night I was responsible for deflating the egos of many law officers. Abandoning that behavior wasn't a function of time as you were hoping for. The catalyst to change that behavior came to me after realizing I had been selling myself short. It became clear to me that I was smarter than most of those around me, and not by a small margin. I started focusing on a career, and then college. I quit hanging around the people that typically were prone to harboring a situation that would garner the attention of the cops. I no longer have to run from the cops to prove I'm capable of out smarting someone, that's not even a challenge worth wasting my energy on. Now, if I want to have a war if wits with an officer, I simply pull over and talk my way out of a ticket.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
I've never ran in my termi. I had a 95 gt that was bone stock with an auto in my late teens and early 20's . That was a fair match for a crown vic. My bike was a F4i, by no means a stellar performer. RDJ, I don't have anything to prove. My criminal history is a matter if public record. Feel free to dig it up if you need further proof.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
You cant question me without reading me my rights. 1,2,3,4 FIIIIIIF!!

Wrong, but to explain it to you would be a waste of time. I'll just leave this here. :bs:

It's funny you think it was lack if intelligence that was the source of my shenanigans. At the same time ironic coming from someone in a profession (I use that term loosely) that doesn't require a college degree. It was actually a desire to prove I was smarter and capable of out witting the police and their fancy radios. It was a challenge, and not much of one. Label it what you will, superiority complex, arrogance, or stupidity. At the end of the night I was responsible for deflating the egos of many law officers. Abandoning that behavior wasn't a function of time as you were hoping for. The catalyst to change that behavior came to me after realizing I had been selling myself short. It became clear to me that I was smarter than most of those around me, and not by a small margin. I started focusing on a career, and then college. I quit hanging around the people that typically were prone to harboring a situation that would garner the attention of the cops. I no longer have to run from the cops to prove I'm capable of out smarting someone, that's not even a challenge worth wasting my energy on. Now, if I want to have a war if wits with an officer, I simply pull over and talk my way out of a ticket.

You're arrogant, not smart. Wanna know the difference? Everyone else sees your dumb showing but you.

Talk your way out of a ticket? I'm sure. Just so you know, a college degree doesn't make you smart. Think about all the people you graduated with. :idea:

:dw: :dw: :dw: :dw: :dw: :dw: :dw:

:dancenana: :dancenana: :dancenana: :dancenana:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I see your ninja edit for what it is. Just another firehouse wet dream.

****ing hose draggers. Go save a cat up a tree. :poke:

WOT 88

Established Member
It's funny you think it was lack if intelligence that was the source of my shenanigans. At the same time ironic coming from someone in a profession (I use that term loosely) that doesn't require a college degree. It was actually a desire to prove I was smarter and capable of out witting the police and their fancy radios. It was a challenge, and not much of one. Label it what you will, superiority complex, arrogance, or stupidity. At the end of the night I was responsible for deflating the egos of many law officers. Abandoning that behavior wasn't a function of time as you were hoping for. The catalyst to change that behavior came to me after realizing I had been selling myself short. It became clear to me that I was smarter than most of those around me, and not by a small margin. I started focusing on a career, and then college. I quit hanging around the people that typically were prone to harboring a situation that would garner the attention of the cops. I no longer have to run from the cops to prove I'm capable of out smarting someone, that's not even a challenge worth wasting my energy on. Now, if I want to have a war if wits with

an officer, I simply pull over and talk my way out of a ticket.

Wow....yeah bro, fact that you outran the the law with a machine having three times the speed capabilities to that of your pursuers, is clearly a testament to your intellectual superiority.

Go to jail = fail. You lost that one bud, sorry.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

I find this entire post ironic, what with all the talk of superior intellect stuffed into one gigantic, very nearly illegible, paragraph.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I find this entire post ironic, what with all the talk of superior intellect stuffed into one gigantic, very nearly illegible, paragraph.

Now in his defense he said he was smarter than those around him. Dayton isn't primarily full of genius types. Remember the wonderful svtp member "Army of Darkness"? He too is from Dayton.

It all makes sense now doesn't it. :lol1:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
:lol:

I see your ninja edit for what it is. Just another firehouse wet dream.

****ing hose draggers. Go save a cat up a tree. :poke:

LOL, don't be jelly, bro....lmao

perryvsjake21.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I know i'm slow and have no problem admitting it. Since you have a criminal record, doesn't that mean you didn't get away?

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Lmfao. What a bunch of imbeciles.

For those who keep saying "Cops pursuing for minor violations are putting innocent people at risk", your logic is completely flawed and you're showing your ignorance. That's like saying an off duty officer who pulls out a gun at a bank robbery, shots are fired and innocent civilians are killed is at fault for those deaths. Are you ****ing kidding me? It's the idiot bank robbers fault for doing the damn thing in the first place.

Same with running. If you want to run, it's YOUR fault if anyone is killed. You don't run, we don't chase. Simple logic, but I'm sure "Termi" can't comprehend that logic, even with his college degree. LMFAO. Learn how to put a sentence together, and maybe a little bit of punctuation. People might think you're less of an idiot.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Patiently waiting for Adam to come in and give his opinions lol. To those who asked about officers not cutting off pursuits when they become too dangerous are right, to a point. What the general public considers dangerous and what is considered dangerous to the law are two different things most times. Almost, if not every, agency HAS a pursuit policy. Many times we will be called off by a supervisor if the chase gets too out of hand. It's a balance of whether or not chasing this vehicle for what charges you have is worth the risk being taken. Example given, I work on third shift on the border of the city. Im less likely to be called off because there is not nearly as much traffic during my hours. The question an officer has to ask himself/herself during a chase is whether or not the risk is worth possibly someone ending up hurt. Just because we cut off our lights doesn't mean we have given up either. The 99% is about right on getting caught, while you might not get a set of bracelets that night, doesn't mean we won't be looking for your car for the next few weeks.

Oh and by the way, most of us have college degrees silver. I'm sure your all knowing, educated self knew that already though. I guess all those soldiers in the military entrusted in making life or death decisions are not qualified for there job either, seeing as you don't need a college to degree to be a trained killer.

blackvette101

Established Member
Patiently waiting for Adam to come in and give his opinions lol. To those who asked about officers not cutting off pursuits when they become too dangerous are right, to a point. What the general public considers dangerous and what is considered dangerous to the law are two different things most times. Almost, if not every, agency HAS a pursuit policy. Many times we will be called off by a supervisor if the chase gets too out of hand. It's a balance of whether or not chasing this vehicle for what charges you have is worth the risk being taken. Example given, I work on third shift on the border of the city. Im less likely to be called off because there is not nearly as much traffic during my hours. The question an officer has to ask himself/herself during a chase is whether or not the risk is worth possibly someone ending up hurt. Just because we cut off our lights doesn't mean we have given up either. The 99% is about right on getting caught, while you might not get a set of bracelets that night, doesn't mean we won't be looking for your car for the next few weeks.

Oh and by the way, most of us have college degrees silver. I'm sure your all knowing, educated self knew that already though. I guess all those soldiers in the military entrusted in making life or death decisions are not qualified for there job either, seeing as you don't need a college to degree to be a trained killer.

I'm alittle confused here if you don't mind educating but lets say for example a red mustang evades you. If you were to get a plate number or some unique identifier then you would be at that persons residence and they would get the bracelets that night. But lets say if you were to just get a look at the vehicle and it didn't have anything unique on it. Then even if you were looking for it in the coming weeks and even if you found it how could you possibly prove it was that in fact mustang and not one of the other million red ones. Im just wondering because in high school I had two sheriff come to my house because a loud black corvette ran from them and they just assumed it was mine. Even though i was home asleep.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Wrong, but to explain it to you would be a waste of time. I'll just leave this here. :bs:

You're arrogant, not smart. Wanna know the difference? Everyone else sees your dumb showing but you.

Talk your way out of a ticket? I'm sure. Just so you know, a college degree doesn't make you smart. Think about all the people you graduated with. :idea:

Ask all the questions you want. I don't have to answer ;-)

I'm arrogant, and smart. I know the difference.

I havent said that I can talk my way out of a ticket all of the time. It's only worked once.

I never said graduating from college mad you smart. It makes you educated.

Silver03Termi

Established Member

Illegible? do you need me to change the font type? It's one paragraph because I typed it on my cell phone and clicking "enter" posts the response.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Wow....yeah bro, fact that you outran the the law with a machine having three times the speed capabilities to that of your pursuers, is clearly a testament to your intellectual superiority.

Go to jail = fail. You lost that one bud, sorry.

A stock 95 GT has 3 times the speed capabilities of a crown vic? Have you driven either? I never said it was a testament to my intellectual superiority. It was a challenge, and keep in mind we are dealing the logic of a post-pubescent teen. I was simply explaining my mindset at the time, bro. Jail = fail, that is the truth. On a long enough time line the success rate for anything goes to zero. I was bound to get caught sooner or later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread