Felony eluding vs misdemenor eluding

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
arrogant? absolutely. lots of evidence of that just in this thread. Smart? haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

Ask all the questions you want. I don't have to answer ;-)

I'm arrogant, and smart. I know the difference.

I havent said that I can talk my way out of a ticket all of the time. It's only worked once.

I never said graduating from college mad you smart. It makes you educated.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Oh and by the way, most of us have college degrees silver. I'm sure your all knowing, educated self knew that already though. I guess all those soldiers in the military entrusted in making life or death decisions are not qualified for there job either, seeing as you don't need a college to degree to be a trained killer.

I don't know a single cop that has a 4 year degree. I never insinuated that soldiers should have a degree. Where do you get this stuff? I wouldn't compare the duties of an officer with those of a soldier. I have respect for soldiers. I recognize the need for law enforcement, but I wouldn't compare your duties with those of combat veterans.

HooterBro388

Established Member
I don't know a single cop that has a 4 year degree. I never insinuated that soldiers should have a degree. Where do you get this stuff? I wouldn't compare the duties of an officer with those of a soldier. I have respect for soldiers. I recognize the need for law enforcement, but I wouldn't compare your duties with those of combat veterans.

I'm a combat vet and I would. We just have a different ROE and toys is all.

Dude, you're an arrogant, semantics playing, still yet to mature kind of guy. You obviously have a problem with authority. People like you get no sympathy from me when you end up a stain on the roadways because once an idiot, always an idiot. Arrogance compounds idiocy by a factor of 10. Arrogance in and of itself is idiotic. Arrogance just shows that a person doesn't have enough experience and/or intelligence to learn how life really works.

There is a HUGE difference between arrogance born of experience and capability and the arrogance born of immaturity and inexperience. You fit into the latter category from what you've said so far.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

You certainly dont know many cops. I have two professional doctoral degrees, a MBA, and two Bachelor's. Every single Federal Agent has at least a 4 year degree. At least half the deputies I work with now have four year degrees.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
I just don't understand the logic behind driving like a maniac and endangering women and children on the road. I rather cut the pursuit and pick them up under a car than risking my career and freedom for chasing some Homo-heidelbergensis on a motorcycle.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I just don't understand the logic behind driving like a maniac and endangering women and children on the road. I rather cut the pursuit and pick them up under a car than risking my career and freedom for chasing some Homo-heidelbergensis on a motorcycle.

There in lies the problem, that you drive like a maniac. The actual professional officers are trained to drive and pursue in an effective yet safe manner, less your mania.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There in lies the problem, that you drive like a maniac. The actual professional officers are trained to drive and pursue in an effective yet safe manner, less your mania.
. Isn't it true that most successful chases the cops tend to drive slower than the perp? Thereby eliminating mistakes that take up time to correct. Slower is faster.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
lol, whichever way you put it, it's dangerous for the public and the officer. I don't care how super trained or "PROFESSIONAL" you can be. Human error will always be there.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
"MANIAC" was in reference to the driver of a motorcycle at such speed not to a fellow (Police/Sheriff/Trooper) UNIFORMED OFFICER.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
lol, whichever way you put it, it's dangerous for the public and the officer. I don't care how super trained or "PROFESSIONAL" you can be. Human error will always be there.

Yes human error will always be there. Not saying that the police unit will not commit an error, but the more likely scenario will be the pursuee or the general public that is "freaking out" because they don't know what to do when they see an emergency vehicle, or not looking in their mirrors long enough to comprehend what is behind them at a distance before the change lanes slow down, etc....

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Illegible? do you need me to change the font type? It's one paragraph because I typed it on my cell phone and clicking "enter" posts the response.

Yes, because the font type has a huge influence on your ability to form a basic sentence.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

WOT 88

Established Member
In Ohio, if you run from a sheriff at 160 mph, on a bike, in the country, at night, get away, but your buddy tells them who you are, you go to prison for a year (up to 5). Ask me how I know.

A stock 95 GT has 3 times the speed capabilities of a crown vic? Have you driven either? I never said it was a testament to my intellectual superiority. It was a challenge, and keep in mind we are dealing the logic of a post-pubescent teen. I was simply explaining my mindset at the time, bro. Jail = fail, that is the truth. On a long enough time line the success rate for anything goes to zero. I was bound to get caught sooner or later.

Read your first quote I've posted above thoroughly. The "machine" to which I was referring, is the bike you claim to have outsmarted law enforcement with.

Which is it bra, a crotch rocket or a mustang GT? It is obvious we aren't dealing with the logic of a juvenile delinquent, as you are still technically glorifying your stupidity

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Read your first quote I've posted above thoroughly. The "machine" to which I was referring, is the bike you claim to have outsmarted law enforcement with.

Which is it bra, a crotch rocket or a mustang GT? It is obvious we aren't dealing with the logic of a juvenile delinquent, as you are still technically glorifying your stupidity

The police report said 160, I highly doubt a stock '02 F4i (600cc 100hp) will go 160 with a 230lb rider. Probably more like 150. The cruisers can easily do that. Albeit those are not a fair match. I ran in the mustang dozens of times, bra. That was more than a fair match when you take into consideration the radios they have.

I'm not trying to glorify anything. It is what it is. I simply explained my experience (which was similar to the OP's original question) and what my state of mind was, I'm not saying that it was one of reason or logic. Although, at the time it seemed sound.

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
You certainly dont know many cops. I have two professional doctoral degrees, a MBA, and two Bachelor's. Every single Federal Agent has at least a 4 year degree. At least half the deputies I work with now have four year degrees.

I only know 4 cops, 2 state troopers, 2 sheriff deputies, and 1 federal agent (she does have a 4 year degree). 1 out of 9 that I know, have higher education. I'm assuming with all of those degrees on the wall that you aren't sitting behind the wheel of a patrol car, and your accreditations are certainly not the norm. I WISH that Ohio did have higher standards for employing officers. Due to equal employment opportunity laws police and fire departments are required to have a certain level of racial diversity. Dayton has had problems meeting that criteria due to the failure rate, on the entrance exam (or civil service test?), by those other than caucasians. They have had to continually make the test easier which lowers the standards of applicants and therefore the standards of the department.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
The police report said 160, I highly doubt a stock '02 F4i (600cc 100hp) will go 160 with a 230lb rider. Probably more like 150. The cruisers can easily do that. Albeit those are not a fair match. I ran in the mustang dozens of times, bra. That was more than a fair match when you take into consideration the radios they have.

I'm not trying to glorify anything. It is what it is. I simply explained my experience (which was similar to the OP's original question) and what my state of mind was, I'm not saying that it was one of reason or logic. Although, at the time it seemed sound.

Not sure which cruisers you are referring to that can do 150, but I certainly know it isn't the Crown Vicky. Saying you outran one of those is like saying you outran a moped in a Yugo. Now a newer Impala or Charger would have given you a run for the money. The new Caprice, well you might as well hang it up. They are fast as hell.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member

If L.E. were to stop all activity that was dangerous or had the element of human error there would be very little to do.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
If L.E. were to stop all activity that was dangerous or had the element of human error there would be very little to do.

Not at all, there is plenty to do. For example: annoying phone calls, theft, lost cellphones, juveniles runaways, domestic violence, annoying text messages, vehicles illegally parked, mental illness calls (EPP), noise complaints, dogs barking, vicious animals "Cats attacking people" (LOL), identity theft, etc, etc, etc!!!!!'

It all depends on the politics of the agency. Once again, police work (for Uniformed Officers) is more paperwork and report taking than chasing people.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
^LOL. I can't believe you just listed domestic violence and mental subject calls as not dangerous.

Do a ride along once kid, maybe you'll learn something.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
^LOL. I can't believe you just listed domestic violence and mental subject calls as not dangerous.

Do a ride along once kid, maybe you'll learn something.

I did not list them as "not dangerous", I listed them as plenty of things to do for Officers. There is no reason for the sarcastic line and yes I'm in LE.

Users who are viewing this thread