Felony eluding vs misdemenor eluding

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I think this thread has worn out it's welcome.

In that case,

InBeforeTheLock.gif

:banana:

TorchedCobra

Banned
I have some experience with this. About 10 years ago I was on my way home from Baltimore, just finished celebrating my 20th birthday. I was on the eastern shore of MD just across the Bay Bridge and saw a silver Suburban fly by me at about 90mph. If any of you are familiar with Kent Island it is a very small town. I had a very good friend who owned a very similar Suburban. I sped up and paced him for a couple of miles. When I finally pulled up next to him he flipped his lights on. I was young and very ballsy (stupid) back then. I was like oh hell no and sped past him. I got about a mile ahead of him and came up to the 50/301 split. 301 has MSP barracks shortly past that. I wasn't riding past there. To stay on fifty there is a gradual 90 degree bend to the right. I decided to stay on rt 50. I hit the bend (and the guard rail) at about 115-120 MPH. the car uprooted 100 ft of guardrail or so, went airborne missing other vehicles on the road at that time and landed upside down sliding on the roof another several hundred feet to the next exit on the right. I still have some memory loss from the indecent. I do remember the cop, who I later found out was an accident re constructor was shocked to find out we were still alive. I was able to force the driver side door open so my brother and I could crawl through the window. Once out he made us put our hands on the upside down car. My brother refused medical treatment. They questioned me and I had trouble recalling basic info. I was flown by helicopter to shock trauma in Baltimore. I was there for maybe 5 hrs and they found nothing wrong with me. I was later sent a 10k hospital bill. My birthday was on Dec. 23. I was served my tickets on New Year's eve. I was charged with attempting to flee and elude the the police and reckless driving. I was charged a few months earlier for doing 95 in a 55 so I just spent $525 on that and was given five points for it. This time in court I was facing 15 points, I was found guilty on both charges. I had 28 points on my license by then. In MD it only takes 12 to have it revoked. I was screwed. I lost my car, my driver's license, my freedom and out about 12k in hospital bills and court fees. I am lucky that nobody including my brother was killed. I am not here to tell anybody what to do, but just think about what is at stake when you do it. Also I ran just to get away I was not drinking or doing drugs of any kind. I thought I could get away with it because I had done it before, on many occasions.

Here is my Monte Carlo RIP

carlo.jpg

carlo2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread