Finally 4 months in the making my new wheels are in!

50stangpower

Established Member
Well it hasn't been a pleasant road but my wheels are finally in and I just had them mounted up. It's a crazy feeling going WOT in first gear on blacktop!
20170625_152735.jpg

20170624_115634.jpg

20170624_111434.jpg

If anyone has any cleaning tips for them it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Looks damn good! Who makes them? Sizes? Tire sizes?
As far as cleaning goes, I put a Permanon platinum coating on mine when I do the rest of my car. Then I just wash them with the same soap I use for the rest of the car but I use a separate mitt and bucket for just the wheels/tires.

50stangpower

Established Member
18x5 with 26" fronts. 17x10.5 rear with 305/45-17 ET pro rears. These fit the stock 13/14 brakes. I now have a problem with wheel hop on the street in first gear.. need to sort through that before I brake something.

paluka21

Established Member
Great look Brandon! Are you planning to hit the track again in the near future? Mason Dixon has a Friday Test & Tune's scheduled most Fridays throughout July and August.

50stangpower

Established Member
Great look Brandon! Are you planning to hit the track again in the near future? Mason Dixon has a Friday Test & Tune's scheduled most Fridays throughout July and August.

Yes I would like to for sure. Finally slowing down with helping my buddy and his CS car so maybe some time in the near future. I'd really like to just enjoy it a bit for a little while as well though!

03terminat0r

Established Member
Thanks. I'm going to put them on today cannot remember if i ordered the spacer. Do you know what size lugs? or have a link for the tuner ones just in case oem does not fit

50stangpower

Established Member
Thanks. I'm going to put them on today cannot remember if i ordered the spacer. Do you know what size lugs? or have a link for the tuner ones just in case oem does not fit

1/2-20. The are "GORILLA tuner lugs. I get them from cj pony parts. The have black, red, clear, and blue I believe.

Looks great. What suspension in the rear? Looks like you are lowered a tad but with the fat meats in back it is hard to tell.

Thanks for the compliment. Full BMR rod end rear suspension with Ford racing blue springs, sits just a little lower then stock but the 28"s raise it back up too.

Blue M&M

1/2-20. The are "GORILLA tuner lugs. I get them from cj pony parts. The have black, red, clear, and blue I believe.

Thanks for the compliment. Full BMR rod end rear suspension with Ford racing blue springs, sits just a little lower then stock but the 28"s raise it back up too.

Do you have any pics of your car with stock height and the wheels? I don't want to lower my stock height and I have the same set up (s71) and have not found anybody with the stock height and that rear wheel setup.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread