Finally Cut That Cord!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I recently cancelled Dish and just went with a Roku Stick with the basic SlingTV package, which has almost all the channels we watch anyway, and Amazon Prime. As soon as I can figure out how to make Kodi work with the Roku I'll probably cancel Sling too. I pay $20 a month for Sling and $100 a year for Prime. We also have Google Chromecast which can cast anything on the Chrome browser to our TV.

No way I will ever pay those asinine costs for cable/dish again. They can all go **** themselves. ESPECIALLY the cable companies.
I do like my Cable internet LOL

Anyways, far as Kodi on Roku, no can do. You can side load apps via UPNP/DLNA to get streamings from/like Kodi but its a bit more complicated.

You’re better off getting a Fire stick.

Branhammer

Established Member
I do like my Cable internet LOL

Anyways, far as Kodi on Roku, no can do. You can side load apps via UPNP/DLNA to get streamings from/like Kodi but its a bit more complicated.

You’re better off getting a Fire stick.

We have a company here called Vivint that offers cable internet and they aren't an actual cable company. 100 MBps for $60 per month. No intro-rate, no rate hikes. That's the price, period. That's less than the regular price that Centurylink charges for 20 MBps over DSL and significantly less than what Comcast charges for comparable speeds. I'll be switching to Vivint as soon as our new house is built and we move in.

Adower

Established Member
What is the best add on for kodi to watch live sports?

Exodus I believe is by for the best one for movies and tv shows.

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member

If you are using an android device, it will install apk files. one of the best apk files to install is called mobdro. It has more sports and live tv then anything I know of. If you use the browser in your android device ,google mobdro through your tv box, download it, and install it from the downloads folder. then in your apps you'll see mobdro. it has sections for news , tv channels, sports , etc. and its all free. good luck!

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member

Sportsdevil is what I use. Curious what others are using.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I also use "SportsDevil", but "Phoenix Sports" which is a subcategory under the Phoenix add-on has a lot of content, and the feeds seem to be more reliable.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Ive recently had a issue with "authorization link conformation" with my Exodus, not allowing me to watch movies. Downloaded Specto Fork tonight and its doing the same damn thing.

Yup trying to watch anything on exodus right now is terrible. Kodi in general is super slow recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
Just bought a second house and looking to do this to save money. Firestick better than Chromecast for Kodi? We will just use Kodi and Netflix.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Ive recently had a issue with "authorization link conformation" with my Exodus, not allowing me to watch movies. Downloaded Specto Fork tonight and its doing the same damn thing.

Yep, same with me. Specto and Exodus have both sucked out loud lately.

I've been using Phoenix and Mobdro in their place, and both have been great.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
The Mobdro addon hasn't worked for me. I've tried adding the source link and even the added file directly on my RPi and it installs but every time I try to do anything in the addon, an error message pops up in the lower right corner. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Just bought a second house and looking to do this to save money. Firestick better than Chromecast for Kodi? We will just use Kodi and Netflix.
Firestick, you dont have to use your phone. Chromecast, you have to either screen mirror your phone image to cast Kodi from your phone or you have to buy some apps to be able to cast the image without screening mirroring your phone.

Firestick is much easier and better to view and use.

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
The Mobdro addon hasn't worked for me. I've tried adding the source link and even the added file directly on my RPi and it installs but every time I try to do anything in the addon, an error message pops up in the lower right corner. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?
Mobdro is an app, are you using the correct file the apk for android? i downloaded it and it showed up in my download folder, installed it and its in my apps. it has updated a few times , but mine works great. I also have gig internet so i'm sure that helps. I think there are more then one file type there, so possibly you don't have the apk for android?

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not running Kodi on an Android platform; I'm using OpenELEC so I don't think the apk file will work. Is Mobdro available only for android?

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
I'm not running Kodi on an Android platform; I'm using OpenELEC so I don't think the apk file will work. Is Mobdro available only for android?
no the apk only works for android. ill see if i can find out anymore for you.

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
I sent you a pm through conversation, hope that helps you

Users who are viewing this thread