Finally getitng a Kenne Bell! Now questions.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
Well as the title said I am finally getting a kenne bell. I got a good deal on a 2.8 mammoth. Couple questions I have after doing some research are.

I will have two tunes. E85 and a 93 tune
Do most people run 2 pulleys for different boosts between them, or should I find a pulley that makes a good amount for both. I was thinking a 3.25 pulley and stock lower should be around 21 with long tubes.

With the mammoth I have to move my battery. I was thinking trunk any issues or advice for doing that?

Any advice from current mammoth owners? things to do while installing anything at all.

Lastly just curious. What power you guys think I should make? Stock un opened motor and heads. with the 2.8 mammoth and a return 465 setup. E85 and a 93 tune.

Either way I have always wanted a kenne bell (kinda the reason I bought a cobra in the first place) I got a great deal on the unit and while I know I wont use it to its full potential still really excited.

Zemedici

Established Member
My guys run E85 all the time, as with these PD blowers you can't swap pulleys 'easily' (compared to boost controller on a turbo car)

If you have the fuel system for Corn why not just run on corn all the time? Hell half the twin turbo cars we've done have never seen a drop of pump gas, only E85

And you can run a battery in the trunk, that's where mine is at. I recommend running the ground to the original location up front though

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
There simply is not a huge supply of E85 in my area. Mainly want it so when I am close to some or want to grab a couple jugs I can throw it in and have some fun. car will be street driven on 93 80% of tghe time

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I have a kb with 2 tunes. 93 and E85. I run a 4" pulley on 93 and a 3" on E85

03' White Snake

Established Member
Just swap pulley's for the 2 fuels if that's what you want to do.

For 93, I wouldn't go any higher than 18 psi.

For E85, let the big dog eat! 24-25 psi!

This is what I do. 2 tunes, corn and 93. Once you get a taste of corn you won't go back. Granted I'm only at 22 psi on corn at the moment. If I'm ever in a jam. I just fill up on 93 and leave it pullied for corn snd just don't beat on it. No issues.

stangfreak

Established Member
If your going to pulley that blower for pump gas on a stock motor, lets say at 17lbs of boost, your going to be disappointed. That mammoth blower is really not for pump gas. It wants high boost or e85. Just advice. Its your car.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
Sadly the deal for the kenne bell fell through. I did however pick up a whipple 2.3. plan is a 2.9 pulley for pump which should be around 18-19lbs and maybe a 2.75 or a 2.6 if I can find one for e85.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Sadly the deal for the kenne bell fell through. I did however pick up a whipple 2.3. plan is a 2.9 pulley for pump which should be around 18-19lbs and maybe a 2.75 or a 2.6 if I can find one for e85.

2.9 and 4lb lower

GodStang

Established Member
Even though you did not end up with a Mammoth I will put my two cents in for future searchers. I had both a 2.8LC/Behemoth and a 3.6LC Mammoth. I have a tune for 93 octane (for emergencies) and E85. I carry pulleys and a belt in my trunk and can swap pulleys and belt in 10-20mins. I run day to day on higher boost and E85 but have my stuff incase I am in a place with no E85. I have always planned a head and have been on E85 for 5 years and never used the 93 octane tune.

As far as battery it is in my trunk and it works nice.

Users who are viewing this thread