Finally landed a black “R” hat!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Dad had some of these made. Merry Christmas everyone.

^^^^Nice collection. When I owned the 3 R's, that was my goal, collect everything original that I could find...........and it got to be costly......

I have the Gray colored Cobra R polo shirt that is missing from your collection, I believe it was 1995 Cobra R related? but it may 2000 Cobra R. That Dark Red shirt is a harder one to find, I have that one also. The T-shirt with the big Red R has always been a favorite and was sold through Ford Apparel for the 1995 and 2000R's, I have a couple of those. I think Tom Shep. had some made a few years ago, his had some additional Cobra R information on the back, the originals from Ford were just a plain T-shirt on the back side. I do not, and never have had/owned the SVE shirt with the 95R, very cool.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is the Gray Cobra R polo shirt that I previously mentioned............

001.jpg

^^^^I believe it is 1995 Cobra R because of the Yellow colored snake, that was only used in the "1995 Cobra R days" from what I have seen and is also shown on Jeremy's checker board bill hat and the White Cobra R shirt shown in my picture and Jeremy's. Those items are 1995 Cobra R.

My Gray and White shirt also have the same brand tag which may also indicate that someone at SVT either had the Gray shirt made as a sample, or it was another shirt color option that is not as easy to find as the White shirt?

002.jpg

and then the Red Cobra R shirt shown in Jeremy's picture, I believe it is 2000 Cobra R era............

003.jpg

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Nice! I don't think any of that was made by Gene. Those were all offerings through Ford Merchandise. Which makes them valuable!!!

Tom

^^^Those were my thoughts also, they all look like the original Cobra R apparel items to me.

Just to get the embroidery artwork set up to start with for each design would be costly, and unless you had many copies of each made for resale, it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. <<At that point, original brand/label tags would be examined for original vs. fake and then valued accordingly.........

R

JeremyBoc

Established Member
Yea, I was referring to the t-shirts on the left. One is a picture of his car in the driveway. The shirts on the right were from "Ford Collection." He had quite a few shirts, in general, from the Ford Collection.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You can go to the SVT Store and have shirts, hats, and jackets embroidered with the original logos. Marcie, the owner, has the license for all of them.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
^^^ This is very true, and Marcie does a fantastic job (I have products from her), but the subtle differences, and we are talking SUBTLE differences differentiate the real deal, and a fantastic current versions.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
^^^ This is very true, and Marcie does a fantastic job (I have products from her), but the subtle differences, and we are talking SUBTLE differences differentiate the real deal, and a fantastic current versions.

Yes, nice stuff. Here is some stuff I got from the SVT store:

You_Doodle_2017-01-25T04_48_29Z_zpsvw0ndyz1.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-01-25T04_45_05Z_zpsdofhvbyp.jpg

You_Doodle_2017-01-25T04_43_50Z_zpsoiie27tz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread