Finally upgrading brakes!

keith89

Established Member
I received my "SVT Cobra" Baer 6P brake calipers from TPS Motorsports and couldn't be happier. I could have saved a bit of coin and gone with the cheaper Baer 6p engraved calipers but I wanted something different, which TPS Motorsports offered. It took about a month to receive but it was well worth the wait. Thanks again to TPS Motorsports for the service!

I have had my 03 Cobra since 2006 and have cannot believe it took this long for me to upgrade to better calipers. I plan to go manual brakes in the near future, so these will surely help in the master cylinder/pedal ratio selection. I still can't get over how massive they are compared to the stock pbr 2 sliding unit.
DSC_1635.JPG
DSC_1629.JPG
DSC_1630.JPG

keith89

Established Member
Nice upgrade!

How about some before and after 70-0 numbers.
Nice upgrade!

How about some before and after 70-0 numbers.

I'll see if i can do a before. A lot of factors come into play, though. I'm running stock calipers with wilwood 2 piece rotors and wilwood pads but i do not remember the compound. Wilwood changed their 2 piece rotor design so they no longer sell the outer ring. I will be changing to centric slotted one piece rotors for now and hawk performance ceramic pads for the new calipers.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Looks good! When did they start doing the SVT Cobra lettering? Is it engraved in the caliper or printed on? I was thinking about these calipers before I got my Brembo kit. The only thing I didn't like was the Baer logo.

Users who are viewing this thread