ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It's getting good. Hellcats on diets. Rumors buzzing about the GT500 and ZR1. ZL1 and Z/28 should be out soon. The muscle cars are going to another level of standards and the Corvette continues to get better and better. Then they kill the Viper; hopefully it'll be back sometime. New and improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's hybrid tech that will change the game. It will easily take any of these cars into the mid 10s, (2 'motors') and meet all CAFE regulations.

Manufacturers will start placing more emphasis on how to increase battery pack efficiency to make a car go faster.

It's the only way they can survive. The most efficient engine is obsolete in the grand scheme of where we are heading with cars like the tesla 3.

Just like 99.9% of the most powerful supercars manufactured in the last 50 years don't hold a candle to the Porsche 918.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
in fairness, thats a multi-million dollar car.
Yes, but the technology is getting cheaper to manufacture. It will be the heart of R&D for the next generation of cars.

The 918 is obviously an extreme example, but maybe a 5000lb Tesla sedan that does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds is a better one!

Www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/news/amp30515/tesla-model-s-p100d-acceleration-range/

You can bet everyone who doesn't want to be left behind is getting on the wagon.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
It will be strange to hear guys at the track talking about getting a rewound motor and higher amp inverter.

ObieFox

Established Member
The raptor 3.5 EB at 510 ft lbs along with electric motors for front wheel drive launch assist would make a great drivetrain if we ever see a next Gen GT500. C'mon Ford, its time to move forward...:) ha get it. Forward!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The raptor 3.5 EB at 510 ft lbs along with electric motors for front wheel drive launch assist would make a great drivetrain if we ever see a next Gen GT500. C'mon Ford, its time to move forward...:) ha get it. Forward!
That would be insane, torque would be unreal.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That would be insane, torque would be unreal.

While true, I still like the raw, involved nature of my '14 GT500.
Feeling the engine cam through the shifter while sitting in Recaros under a glass roof is good by me. :burnout:

I'd much prefer blown V8, even if auto this time. The TT/V8/auto/IRS would be my preference for my next GT500, but I'm keeping my '14 as the last of an era--stick shift, stick axle, blown "big" stroke V8.
-J

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Feeling the engine cam through the shifter while sitting in Recaros under a glass roof is good by me. :burnout:

I'd much prefer blown V8, even if auto this time. The TT/V8/auto/IRS would be my preference for my next GT500, but I'm keeping my '14 as the last of an era--stick shift, stick axle, blown "big" stroke V8.
-J
For sure and we will see them for at least a few years. I don't think we will see major adoption of hybrid tech until like 2020.

Once it happens though, I think the concept of something like a supercharged 5.4l will be out completely. Primarily because the focus will shift from the bottom up from a manufacturing and r&d perspective.

No one will invest to continue production on tech that's behind everyone else in every measurable way.

ObieFox

Established Member
Are you referring to the repair costs of a pair of front wheel drive electric motors from a hybrid AWD GT500? If so, Electric motors are relatively inexpensive compared to mechanical offerings.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Watching that Randy Pobst video where he and Carlos Lago are driving the 350R around the back roads and hearing Randy's commentary on the quality of the S550 chassis gets me pretty pumped about the new car. Randy said the S550 chassis quality reminded him more of BMW than Ford.

I'm excited to hear more details and hopefully those details come later this month and January at the latest. I just spec'd a 350R on Ford's website and it came out to nearly 68K. My early guess is about 75K full-loaded for the new 500. But adding 200-horses on the 350 will put the new 500 in real supercar territory.

Clemson

Established Member
It's too quiet!

The sound of a muscle car is a major part of its allure for me.

How long until 93 octane becomes challenging to find once this type of tech becomes prevalent amongst manufacturers?

Self driving electric cars is where this thing is headed, a lot more quickly than I expected it would to be honest.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I meant in this thread....someone, somewhere, somehow, has to know something about this thing.

The sound of a muscle car is a major part of its allure for me.

How long until 93 octane becomes challenging to find once this type of tech becomes prevalent amongst manufacturers?

Self driving electric cars is where this thing is headed, a lot more quickly than I expected it would to be honest.

blue 07

Established Member
I'll second that !! Not much beats the feel of 750 hp stuffing you into the seats. Ok maybe one other thing;-)

-J

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I meant in this thread....someone, somewhere, somehow, has to know something about this thing.

The people that know, know better than to get caught talking. Thats why we have whispers from friends of friends, but nothing concrete yet.

Users who are viewing this thread