First pass with my 03 Cobra

03SVT Ski

Established Member
Finally got my car to the track after owning it for 4yrs now. Here is what I have done to the car

Stock motor and stock Eaton
2.76 pulley, JLT high boost intake, SCT2600, ARH LT's, 3" midpipe, and some other items but not important with 1/4 times..... Car made 490/520 on the dyno

I was able to make one pass of a 12.0@117 1.860ft on a drag radial. No burnout and slid step clutch as wheel hop was really bad. Well on my second pass I did a burnout, launched car and pop went an axle. So now I am done for season as IRS is out getting all the bells and whistles and F1-A install is in progress. I just wanted a baseline. I know if axle didnt break I would have made an 11sec pass.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Yep that wheel hop will kill the axles in short order. Once it starts to hop you really have to lift out of it right away.

Nice time and mph anyway tho, esp for your first time out!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those ARE nice numbers for your mods. Sorry to hear you busted an axle, but you're on the way to a beefed up setup.

03SVT Ski

Established Member
Thanks guys, definitely not my first time down the track, just with this car. Yea I knew the limitations of stock IRS and even made a joke to a buddy when heading to staging lanes for my second pass "ok, off to break an axle" I just received my DSS axles, installed my FTBR bushingkit, new carbon differential from FTBR, new Ford racing diff cover, FTBR sway bar links, FTBR toe links and bump steer, FTBR cross axis joints and Eibach sway bar. DSS carbon fiber drive shaft with new yoke. I think I will be good from here.

Users who are viewing this thread