First Voodoo drive

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I think the R value will be fine for some time to come. The '00 R held its value for a loooong time. (Granted, there were only 300 of them, but still...) The only GT350s that will probably take a big hit are the '15/'16 base and Tech Pack cars.

15s are going to be the top value GT350s, regardless of how they are equipped due to low volume.

The 16 tech pack cars will be at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Tom

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
15s are going to be the top value GT350s, regardless of how they are equipped due to low volume.

The 16 tech pack cars will be at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Tom

Uhhhhh... No.

Cars w/o the TP option will drop in value compared to the TP equipped cars.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
He's saying 2015 GT350s of any spec will be special due to low volume anniversary year.
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
He's saying 2015 GT350s of any spec will be special due to low volume anniversary year.
-J

He said "15s are going to be the TOP VALUE 350, regardless of how they are equipped"...

I simply dont agree. I think 350s without a TP option will depreciate the most, regardless of year.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'll third that motion. Motion is passed. The base and Tech Pack cars are the pariahs of the GT350 lineup.

And now a word on the transmission cooler. I was playing around on the freeway over the weekend revving it out and hitting some high speeds. The ambient temp was 95*+. The transmission oil temp held rock solid at 122* the whole time. The engine oil didn't get over 210*.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
If you are unhappy with it, trade or sell it. Someone I am sure would like to have it. GLWS

How is your post/existence useful? Do you even own a Ford, 38 post-Dodge Guy? The whole idea of a forum is for discussion and dissemination of ideas. My thought process was that someone would offer an idea that I have not thought of to safely increase my low end power while sharing my observations (of the car you don’t own), your thought process seemed to be “here is a good time to be a troll and to make a weak attempt at sarcasm”.

It seems that your trend is to post useless threads that are poorly thought out like the above and this….

“ Although a nice car and many people like them, putting the Zo6 motor in the camaro would be akin to ford putting the GT500 motor in a mustang, just seems underwhelming to me.”

Find another Bridge...

silver srt 8

Established Member
Wow, take it for it is worth. You sounded as if you were disappointed and don't like the car. Exchange of ideas, yes, sometimes you are not going to like what others have to say. Don't take it personally.

And yes, my analogy may not have been the best, but hopefully you get the point.

If your goal is to increase low end torque, good luck, I am sure you will find a way, as there are other people on the board that have had the same concern.
If you do end up selling it I would like to think you would not have any problems....

Bridge too far:)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Lots of people complain about the low-end torque. I still have yet to perceive an issue with it. I actually find it refreshing to finally have traction from a stop. (When the tires and road are warm, that is.) My GT500 will spin the rears with almost no provocation all the time. That gets real old when I just want to put my foot down and GO.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of people complain about the low-end torque. I still have yet to perceive an issue with it. I actually find it refreshing to finally have traction from a stop. (When the tires and road are warm, that is.) My GT500 will spin the rears with almost no provocation all the time. That gets real old when I just want to put my foot down and GO.

Definitely agree.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Mid to high rpm is the place to make power. If you want a lot of end torque, you're probably towing or really like burning rubber.

Last edited:

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member

If I were Baller enough to maintain my 350 and my previous 500 (like you) i think it would be a non issue. I am re calibrating if viewed from your point above. I think the fix for me might be to find a 03-04 cobra to build and hoon in.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It would be a lot cheaper to just put a rear gear in your GT350.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Love reading all of this, REALLY makes me want an R. I saw one the other day in a parking lot and The Styling is absolutely perfect they couldn't have done better, and the sound is ****ing bonerrific.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The R will definitely hold its value it's such a special car. I have not seen one negative review of the car... Hameedi and his team made a real gem.

I think the R value will be fine for some time to come. The '00 R held its value for a loooong time. (Granted, there were only 300 of them, but still...) The only GT350s that will probably take a big hit are the '15/'16 base and Tech Pack cars.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Love reading all of this, REALLY makes me want an R. I saw one the other day in a parking lot and The Styling is absolutely perfect they couldn't have done better, and the sound is ****ing bonerrific.

That's interesting.... people can have such different perspectives.

Reading this thread really makes me NOT want a GT350 and rather go find a new or lightly used 2015 z28 instead.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Spend some time under a Z28 or new Camaro (1LE, ZL1, blah, blah) and you may change your mind - quickly. The Camaro is not nearly as mod friendly as the S550 Mustang. If you keep your gear stock, I suppose it would be fine.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It would be a lot cheaper to just put a rear gear in your GT350.

4.10s or 4.30s would make the Rs a SAVAGE!

Spend some time under a Z28 or new Camaro (1LE, ZL1, blah, blah) and you may change your mind - quickly. The Camaro is not nearly as mod friendly as the S550 Mustang. If you keep your gear stock, I suppose it would be fine.

IMG_8903.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread