SpittingCobra

Established Member
So I HATE the stock seats. My driver side power switch was basically broken when I bought the car almost 11 years ago.

So I took my best stab at fixing the problem. Here's what I did.. tell me what you think!

First I removed the stock seat.

26168816_10104272598724893_3725197775495895818_n.jpg

Next I assembled these manual sliders and brackets..

26167079_10104272598759823_6899385403289672691_n.jpg

Then I bolted this onto the sliders and bracket.

26167500_10104272598610123_1157441980196541853_n.jpg

Problem solved!! :D

26239245_10104272598615113_4842702390389593487_n.jpg

26230877_10104272598605133_4011306401399636417_n.jpg

26167399_10104272598600143_4028664979482492996_n.jpg

I'm 6'4" and I've always hated how Ford forced us tall guys to sit in these cars. After I installed this seat.. the love affair with this car started all over. I just got in and drove the car for 2 hours straight. I NEVER do that anymore lol.

If anyone has been on the fence about making this upgrade.. I understand why because I spent a small fortune on these seats.. but just getting the seat height lower, and further back, allowing me to sit up straight, it's priceless. I feel like the car is just wrapping around me now.

The nappa leather hide these are wrapped in makes the car smell like a Ferrari to boot.

One thing I never realized is just how much play was in the backs of the stock seats. After the install went for a drive and when I mashed the throttle my chest felt like it was caving in when I got into the power band. I could finally feel all 500 ponies, I was pinned to the solid back of the Recaros, no flex anymore.

Gonna work on the passenger side this weekend, will post up some progress pics.

brucesvt

Established Member
I am in the process of installing s197 seats as well. Were did you get the brackets? If you made them I’ll pay you to make some for me

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
9f942e82127fe5819b8cd8612b2410a2.jpg

KEVINS

Established Member
Great Job! Those seats look great and are just like the old seats from the 79 Pace Cars which are the most comfortable seats, IMO. I had been searching for a pair of Pace Car seats that I could reupholster but instead I just purchased a pair from a 2012 Coyote.

ks

Daniel_Mc

Established Member
I'm 6'4" and I've always hated how Ford forced us tall guys to sit in these cars. After I installed this seat.. the love affair with this car started all over. I just got in and drove the car for 2 hours straight. I NEVER do that anymore lol.

If anyone has been on the fence about making this upgrade.. I understand why because I spent a small fortune on these seats.. but just getting the seat height lower, and further back, allowing me to sit up straight, it's priceless. I feel like the car is just wrapping around me now.

The nappa leather hide these are wrapped in makes the car smell like a Ferrari to boot.

One thing I never realized is just how much play was in the backs of the stock seats. After the install went for a drive and when I mashed the throttle my chest felt like it was caving in when I got into the power band. I could finally feel all 500 ponies, I was pinned to the solid back of the Recaros, no flex anymore.

Gonna work on the passenger side this weekend, will post up some progress pics.

You are right on with all of those points. I did this same swap this past summer and it was night and day difference. The new seating position is perfect and no more crappy stock seats.

Poor pic but all I have at the moment. I am not a leather seat fan and opted for the cloth, I am very happy with the outcome. For anyone on the fence about doing this I would say go for it. Very well worth the money spent IMHO.

BruceSVT contact Wedge brackets.
http://wedgebrackets.com/seat-brackets-home/

-Daniel

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 337

RioRed4v

Established Member
I am in the process of installing s197 seats as well. Were did you get the brackets? If you made them I’ll pay you to make some for me

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.comView attachment 1455845

I installed s197 seats in my 94 using manual brackets. Pretty easy to do. Just remove the brackets and whatever else from the s197 seat and then bolt the manual track to it by drilling new holes. One of the best things I've done to my car.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have been looking for a way to lower the front seats in my car for about 2 years. I'm 5'11", and I feel like I'm sitting on the car rather than inside it.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nice job op. Looks really good. Its the seats that should have came as an option for the car from the factory

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Great Job! Those seats look great and are just like the old seats from the 79 Pace Cars which are the most comfortable seats, IMO. I had been searching for a pair of Pace Car seats that I could reupholster but instead I just purchased a pair from a 2012 Coyote.

ks

My theme I'm after is "90's exotic." I will continue to add pieces to try to elevate the factory interior to a retro, period correct, luxury sportscar look.

I completely understand giving up on the search after a while. These seats and headrests came separate, and all the way from Poland! It was no easy task to get these seats, in leather to match, with the unobtainium Saleen only headrests, extendable knee bolsters, etc. But everything nice for these cars is marginally more expensive than the cheaper options so I was patient till I found an option that could meet all my criteria and said F-it I'm going for it, I'm going to build this car to my vision instead of compromising.

SpittingCobra

Established Member

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.comView attachment 1455845

Looks like another member beat me to the punch Bruce, but the company is wedge brackets. I will be talking to them tomorrow, maybe next week and I will ask if they can make a bracket for this seat, and if it would lower it over the stock height. BTW they said my seat bracket "wouldn't lower the seat much over stock," but I'd say that wasn't accurate. I'm very pleased with how much lower, it's dramatically lower with this seat/slider/bracket combination.

brucesvt

Established Member
Looks like another member beat me to the punch Bruce, but the company is wedge brackets. I will be talking to them tomorrow, maybe next week and I will ask if they can make a bracket for this seat, and if it would lower it over the stock height. BTW they said my seat bracket "wouldn't lower the seat much over stock," but I'd say that wasn't accurate. I'm very pleased with how much lower, it's dramatically lower with this seat/slider/bracket combination.

Let me know what they say just checked out the site love those brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ForcFed93

Established Member
Source on those seats? I'd love to get a set of Recaro's (or really any other decent seat) in matching leather.

Daniel_Mc

Established Member
Source on those seats? I'd love to get a set of Recaro's (or really any other decent seat) in matching leather.

Just a FYI any good set of these seats I found were overseas. I have no problems shipping and having to wait; I know for some people it is more of an issue. It was also easier for me to find more seat options when I was looking by searching for "vintage jdm recaro seats". Lots of options out there. Wait for a good set, the seller i found https://www.mckrecaroseatscars.com was also on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/usr/michikogoodproduct). I felt safer using eBay and PayPal and he was completely fine with it. Honestly he had better contact and communication than most eBay sellers I have dealt with over the years. Highly recommend the guy and he is somewhat flexible on his prices. The "Saleen Style" headrests are from the LX Le Mans or LX SR seat (don't recall exactly what model).

-Daniel

RioRed4v

Established Member

ForcFed93

Established Member
Just a FYI any good set of these seats I found were overseas. I have no problems shipping and having to wait; I know for some people it is more of an issue. It was also easier for me to find more seat options when I was looking by searching for "vintage jdm recaro seats". Lots of options out there. Wait for a good set, the seller i found https://www.mckrecaroseatscars.com was also on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/usr/michikogoodproduct). I felt safer using eBay and PayPal and he was completely fine with it. Honestly he had better contact and communication than most eBay sellers I have dealt with over the years. Highly recommend the guy and he is somewhat flexible on his prices. The "Saleen Style" headrests are from the LX Le Mans or LX SR seat (don't recall exactly what model).

-Daniel

I don't mind paying a bit more, or taking a little extra time for shipping. My concern is solely with matching the saddle tan interior color. Without seeing the seats in person, I'm terrified to spend $1000+ only to have them stand out like a sore thumb because the tan is a few shades off.

The set the OP installed are a near perfect match for the stock interior. If there's a source that has numerous sets of the same color, or potentially just a set name for the color that I can keep an eye open for is what I'm looking for.

brucesvt

Established Member

70Maverick

Established Member
Those Recaros look amazing!
IF all you are looking to do is get the seat lower, you can buy manual seat tracks from any V6 or GT from 1994-2004 for $20 and you're done. They bolt right on and lower the seat what feels like 3-4 inches. In fact, they lowered mine so much I could no longer see over the hood (I'm 5'9") and I had to stack spacers under them. What the OP did is awesome and those are way better seats than the stock one for sure. They should be for what they cost. My only intention is to say if all you want is a lower seat, that is a cheap, easy...no modifications required way to do so is all.

Users who are viewing this thread