Flaming River manual rack question

TMSVT

Established Member
I am running a Team Z k member and the shorter fox length A arms. I plan on buying a Flaming River manual rack and manual shaft. My question since I'm running the shorter arms, do I get the fox length steering rack or do I get the 94-04 one? Also what shaft do I get? Thanks for your help!

SlowSVT

Established Member
I get a little nervous changing suspension geometry even subtle changes can have negative effects. Not sure about your set-up but in absents of knowing for sure I would change as little as possible and would run with the Fox steering rack.

Why the shorter A-arms? That sounds like it will move the wheels more in-board on the wheel wells.

TMSVT

Established Member
I'm running the shorter A arms becsuse I'm running skinnies up front . In order to clear the brakes , Bogart welds a 1" spacer in. So the wheels stick a little out more than I like. So the shorter arms will bring it in some.
I most likely will go with the fox length steering rack. My confusion is the steering shaft .

SlowSVT

Established Member
Good call. Can't go wrong running what the steering rack with the same series A-arms. Sounds like a dedicated drag racer so the steering geometry won't be as critical than in a street car or road racer.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Call flaming river to confirm but iirc the splines were the same on my foxbody manual rack to an sn95 rag joint.

Should just be able to order the sn95 shaft and bolt it to the fox rack like it normally would.

I'm prob going to manual steering/brakes, gt calipers and skinnies as well.

Users who are viewing this thread